Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Haunted Car

.Martin

Today we've had quite a large hail shower and quite a lot of rain...

At 6pm one of my daughters shouted to me that the car alarm was going off. I went out and unlocked the car to stop it.

When I was going to pick up daughter #2 I was passing the focus in the wife's car and noticed the interior light was on, the indicators were flashing as if the hazards button was pressed and the front window wipers were moving slowly. As I was in a rush I couldn't stop to look.

When I got back (15mins later) it had stopped. I popped the bonnet but it doesn't look like there was any water on the fusebox

Any suggestions other than getting a good priest?

2 hours ago, .Martin said:

Today we've had quite a large hail shower and quite a lot of rain...

At 6pm one of my daughters shouted to me that the car alarm was going off. I went out and unlocked the car to stop it.

When I was going to pick up daughter #2 I was passing the focus in the wife's car and noticed the interior light was on, the indicators were flashing as if the hazards button was pressed and the front window wipers were moving slowly. As I was in a rush I couldn't stop to look.

When I got back (15mins later) it had stopped. I popped the bonnet but it doesn't look like there was any water on the fusebox

Any suggestions other than getting a good priest?

The slow wipers can indicate an electrical fault. Recreate the day, chuck bucket loads of water over it and get someone to throw hundreds of little ice cubes at it, then disable alarm, go from there :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, .Martin said:

To make things worse I've just tried starting it for work and the battery is dead

It seems unlike that the 2 so close together could be coincidence, for example if you do have some sort of electrical fault that was/is causing certain electrical system to stay powered up even when the car is "off" it could be enough to discharge the battery (depending on what the system are are that are staying on, condition of the battery and charge state of the battery).

Mechanic friend thinks the storm put the alarm off which drained the battery.

Quick jump later and it seems ok.

• Like 3

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club