Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Windscreen seal MK7

slappyhaze

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement for the rubber 'seal' that runs down the side of the windscreen and hooks on to a plastic lip at the bonnet?

There are 2 pieces i'm talking about that run down either side of the windscreen - not a ring around the glass, and it doesn't actually seem to be a 'seal' more a cosmetic finish between the glass of the windscreen and the metal of the A pillar, as I think the glass is glued on.

Story:

While washing my windscreen the other week I noticed there was a large gap on the passenger/near side, I looked over and saw the driver's side/off side had a rubber seal from the roof to the bonnet that was missing off the NS. I have no idea when it dissappeared, if I ever had it... but I phoned ford and they want £26+VAT AND 15 mins labour for fitting :o

Suffice to say I don't wanna pay that for a strip of rubber, so other than trawling the local breakers (which i'm not hopeful for anyway) I thought maybe a few of you lovely lot may know a cheap part supplier in the Manchester area or online.

Many thanks in adavnce

Mine fell off on the motorway, I got a new one for £8 from Quicko in Glasgow and fitted it myself.

It appears that there is a Quicko branch in Manchester as well. They stock all Ford parts and you are guaranteed the part the next day.

Quicko Website

Dude, you're a life saver - well 20 quid saver;)

I drive past that place regularly too, and I forgot all about it. I'll go have a looksee.

Cheers.

Dude, you're a life saver - well 20 quid saver;)

I drive past that place regularly too, and I forgot all about it. I'll go have a looksee.

Cheers.

No worries mate, Ford dealers are usually overpriced and take forever to get the parts you want. Quicko have been first class.

Got my seal today - Price I paid...

Drumroll...

£5.91!! B) :D

That, my friends, is a saving of nigh on 20 quid just off the part, never mind VAT and labour

And it only took me, literally 2 minutes to fit myself. Just a couple of clips.

'Fiesta Zetec-x' I Thank You again for reminding of Quicko. It's good to live in a major city ;)

You could try them too, but I think to change it out might be a bigger job than I had. But simple answer is NO...sorry.

Also just noticed you are not UK based, therefore I will have no idea of suppliers outside your dealer.

You could try them too, but I think to change it out might be a bigger job than I had. But simple answer is NO...sorry.

Also just noticed you are not UK based, therefore I will have no idea of suppliers outside your dealer.

this is a respond to me or to "slappyhaze" ? :unsure:

do you know where i can find the "titanium" (chrome) looking one?

I'm sure it's been mentioned in this forum a few times, but to replace that chrome strip is a pretty big job. It involves removing the windows and probably stripping down the door as well.

I'm sure it's been mentioned in this forum a few times, but to replace that chrome strip is a pretty big job. It involves removing the windows and probably stripping down the door as well.

:blink: :blink: i think i'll keep searching for other things to change then! :lol:

• 3 years later...

I know this topic is 3 years old and I wonder if you guys even come about anymore but anyone know what that strip the original poster talked about is called?

And if quicko still exists?

I just noticed this morning that the strip on my passenger side was missing as well!

I might try scrapyards but I don't know if it is as simple as rip off and clip back on...