Do Not Sell My Personal Information

fiesta

bright68

hi everyone

i have a ford fiesta 2012 1.6 tdci econetic i have some issue on the engine when revv pass to2500 rpm  lots of smoke oil burning smoke.

to fix this i have open the head and found a broken valve seal guide. valve guide fix by engineer pressure tested then i put head back together new valves and valve seals , head gasket replaced parts from dealer piston check no leaking from piston seal

but still smoking!!!!  disconnect turbo to make sure not from turbo still same smoking like hell.

is there any body have similar issue

fiesta 2012 140000 miles 1.6 tdci econetic

many thanks

Have you done a compression test on each cylinder? Are you also losing excessive amounts of oil? You might have a bad piston ring at that sort of mileage, or even turbo seals. You have to be careful on diesels when they start to burn oil. As the air to fuel ratio isn't controlled by a throttle body on the air intake, you'll just keep burning the oil from your sump as if it was diesel. You can very quickly kill an engine, with the only way of stopping it is by stalling it.

Surely the car won't run when you've taken the turbo out? You'll have too much fuel and not enough air which will cause smoke. Might be wrong here though. Usually a common fault is turbo oil seals that's all.

hi thanks for reply.

no i have not done compression test.

i removed turbo from exhaust manifold smoke coming from engine. i may remove manifold to see which outlet smoke more maybe piston rings like u said

when i buy the car old owner said another turbo in boot as spare i swap still same. some one said about turbo oil return pipe maybe getting block.

thanks luke4efc

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club