Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ac compressor seized

Christopher thomas

Car would not start as ac cog was seized, I removed the belt and got car Home, my question is this if I buy a belt from the same yr as my Ford Focus 1.6 tdci zetec which will fit by passing the ac cog which is at the bottom and it won’t interfere 

my question is this does the ac compressor do any other job other than ac if I use a smaller belt and not use the ac compressor at all will it cause over heating or any other damage to our much hated slow arss diesel Ford Focus please 

14 minutes ago, Christopher thomas said:

my question is this does the ac compressor do any other job other than ac if I use a smaller belt and not use the ac compressor at all will it cause over heating or any other damage to our much hated slow arss diesel Ford Focus please

No, the a/c compressor pulley has no other function. Normally the compressor does not turn anyway as there is a clutch on the pulley, only engaged when a/c is on.

Though it does sound like, secretly, you want it to damage the poor car. ohmy.pnglaugh.png

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club