Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Electric Power Steering Loss

B3DS

Hi there, I have a 1.0 Ltr eco boost 64 plate. 

I am a driving instructor so have to do lots of reversing manoeuvres. However in the last 2 days doing these the electric power steering has gone stiff and it is very hard to turn the steering wheel. Have taken it to a garage and there was a fault showing with the power steering, this was reset and the garage said they could find no other fault. However it has happened again today. The power steering works fine when driving the car and only seems to happen when performing the manoeuvres. 

Does anyone know what may be causing this issue ?

Many Thanks 

The Electric Power Steering column on the 2008 + Ford Fiesta models are a very common failing part. The electric steering column replaces the earlier conventional hydraulic power steering system found fitted to earlier models and when working correctly is a great concept but unfortunately this expensive part is a very common failure and they all at some point or another end up failing, requiring replacement or repair.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club