Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mk6.5 fiesta zetec s upgrades

zain611

Thought I might make this topic in the right section of the forum. 

To summarise what I've done:

LED indicators, brake lights and reverse lights from autobeam

LED front sidelights 

Reverse camera 

Cleaned leather seats 

_20171106_191129.JPG

DSC_0058.JPG

DSC_0066.JPG

DSC_0072.JPG

Before and after 

DSC_0075.JPG

DSC_0084.JPG

Things I'm planning on doing soon include window regulator, smoked led side repeaters and some stuff on the engine such as getting the injectors sent off to get reconditioned. Also got autobeams led halo lights which stick onto the fog light lens. These give out a white light but also an amber light when wired into the indicators. 

DSC_0088.JPG

looking good fella and cant wait to see the halos fitted and working

• Like 1

Forgot to mention bought a new key case and got it cut and programmed. Only issue about it is the buttons are sensitive so at the beginning I'd accidentally press one of the buttons when I shouldn't have. 

DSC_0054.JPG

DSC_0055.JPG

Thinking of upgrading the fog lights to a nice bright white led one. Seen one on eBay but not too sure as people probably would notice it. Kind of going towards autobeams premium h11 LED fog lights. Sadly they are out of stock but they told me they are updating it so hopefully in the new year they'll release their updated version which hopefully is better than the original ones. 

Screenshot_20171211-125405.png

Screenshot_20171210-220433.png

3 hours ago, zain611 said:

Thinking of upgrading the fog lights to a nice bright white led one. Seen one on ebay but not too sure as people probably would notice it. Kind of going towards autobeams premium h11 LED fog lights. Sadly they are out of stock but they told me they are updating it so hopefully in the new year they'll release their updated version which hopefully is better than the original ones. 

Screenshot_20171211-125405.png

Screenshot_20171210-220433.png

I have thought about upgrading my fogs but then I think how ive never actually had to use them. :laugh:

• Haha 1

Lol same here but I thought it normally gets foggy around new year to mid February so thought I'd get the autobeam one when it gets back in stock. Also the standard yellow bulbs don't look nice with the 6000k headlights and sidelights. 

• Like 1

Sundays snow. Drove the car today and the door was well frozen shut. I went to put diesel in and when I tried to open the filler cap it was frozen shut so quickly went back home, put warm water over it (thankfully opened with ease) then went back to the petrol station.  

_20171210_134617.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Cleaned the car yesterday and took a picture today in the late afternoon at maccys :laugh:

_20171223_214408.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully will install these smoked LED side repeaters. These came off a mk4 golf and look the same size as the one on the fiesta so hopefully they'll fit. 

DSC_0094.JPG

So for about 2 weeks the spare wheel was put on as one of the wheels had to get sent off to find why it was leaking a considerable amount of air. The wheel is back and balanced. The rim was causing a leak and thats been fixed. Sadly the tire had been found to be a little mishapen probably because of when I was accidentally driving it whilst the air was low. Thankfully got a new tire so all good. 

DSC_0102.JPG

DSC_0103.JPG

Side repeaters installed, have some work cut out on the engine. Will post what's been done after its all been done. 

DSC_0106.JPG

DSC_0107.JPG

DSC_0108.JPG

DSC_0109.JPG

DSC_0111.JPG

Begun fitting in the halos to the fog lens. It will be left overnight in the garage for the heat to properly work in the tape. The injectors are back in and managed to start the car. Will take a few days until all the air pockets in the fuel system get out. Tomorrow hopefully will show what's been done in terms with the engine. 

DSC_0149.JPG

So for a week the car was in the garage. Main work to do was the injectors as the car would smoke for a few seconds and run lumpy when started after being left for over 2 hours. At first the glow plugs were changed but this didn't cure the problem so had a suspicion one of the injectors were leaking. Removed the intake manifold and that was covered in soot.

The injectors were removed. Thankfully they came out without issue however the body of 3 of them had black bits of carbon and diesel.

DSC_0095.JPG

DSC_0097.JPG

Intake manifold was really sooted up from the EGR. 

DSC_0099.JPG

IMG-20180106-WA0004.jpg

IMG-20180106-WA0006.jpg

The injector seats and intake were really sooted up.

IMG-20180106-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20180106-WA0005.jpg

Injectors after being taken out. They were sent to a company for reconditioning. 

DSC_0096.JPG

Another pic of how sooted the intakes were. 

IMG-20180106-WA0002.jpg

Cleaned up the head of the engine. A tube was attached to a hoover and used to clean the injector seats. Definitely looked a lot cleaner. 

DSC_0119.JPG

DSC_0116.JPG

DSC_0118.JPG

Egr cleaned and blanked. 

DSC_0134.JPG

A tool was used to remol the bottom of the injector seats so the new copper seals would sit flat and not allow gases and diesel to escape. This made the seats look spotless also. 

DSC_0138.JPG

DSC_0139.JPG

oil feed pipe removed. Took the clamp off the cat from the top to give space to remove that bolt. Checked the filter on the pipe and it was spotless which is really good. Shows there is no dirt in the oil and oil isn't getting restricted to the turbo. 

_20180109_180014.JPG

DSC_0130.JPG

_20180109_180101.JPG

Manifold was cleaned using a screwdriver at first then oven cleaner then a pressure washer. 

DSC_0141.JPG

DSC_0142.JPG

DSC_0143.JPG

DSC_0144.JPG

DSC_0145.JPG

Fitted all the gaskets in. Intake manifold, injector seats (black O rings and yellow O rings / seal) 

DSC_0132.JPG

Timing belt was checked as I can't trust the previous owner for saying he changed it. Luckily looks to have been done and is in good condition as you can still see some of the manufacturer writing on it. 

DSC_0140.JPG

The injectors arrived after just 3 days on sending them out. Looks mint. 

For the moment of truth my dad tried starting it. Was cranking slow so used a battery pack. My dad's friend removed the Egr pipe that goes to the intake manifold and tried spraying easy start and loosened the nut to injectors to try and remove some of the air in the cylinder. The car managed to start with the easy start spray but would turn off. After a few attempts it came to life. Left it idling for about 20 minutes. Drove for 2 miles just to try and remove some of the air in the fuel system. It definitely felt a little more responsive and I didn't need to put my foot down that much for it to pick up speed. Things that was done on the engine were the EGR is now blocked and the intake is opened up from that gunk including the reconditioned injectors. Started it in the morning and it took just a little longer to start but it didn't run lumpy and just coughed white smoke which definitely is an improvement. Just need to keep driving it to further remove the air pockets in the fuel system and let the Ecu settle again. Also the injectors where numbered from the first starting from the timing belt to the fourth on the gearbox side. Just numbered them so they go back into their same place. I don't think they'll need coding. I've heard the engine won't start if the injectors do need coding. 

DSC_0122.JPG

DSC_0147.JPG

DSC_0148.JPG

Hopefully might wire in the halos tomorrow. Still need to do the window regulator as you can see on the right. 

DSC_0157.JPG

Really like the smoked lenses, it’s the small touches that make the difference sometimes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hopefully might wire in the halos tomorrow. Still need to do the window regulator as you can see on the right. 
DSC_0157.thumb.JPG.a6fc6725ffe5415bb13e56cd66a30138.JPG

Do the rings positioned there not cast a shadow when you have to use the fogs? When I saw them advertised I kinda thought they would fit around the edge of the lens?

1 hour ago, Jonro2009 said:

Do the rings positioned there not cast a shadow when you have to use the fogs? When I saw them advertised I kinda thought they would fit around the edge of the lens?

Haven't managed to fit them on yet. Yeah that's another thing I'm worried about now. Don't know how much the rings will impede the fog lights. Do keep in mind that the fog surround covers a bit of the edge of the lens. I was originally planning on getting LED fog lights but might be a waste of money. I did test the halos and they are bright. Reminds me of the premium autobeam indicators in brightness. Honestly I've never used the fogs when driving plus it hasn't been foggy which I find odd as it normally gets foggy around this time of year. I also have HIDs which must be bright enough in foggy conditions. My dad has factory xenon headlights and those don't have fog lights. On his car the standard halogen headlights have fog lights as part of the headlight. It's probably like this because xenons are bright enough to alert others of their presence in foggy conditions. 

You can see in the picture I have the surrounds on but not the lens. With the surrounds on there is a 0.5cm gap between the halo and surround. 

_20180111_202521.JPG

That makes sense now! They should sit just inside the surrounds nicely [emoji846]
Thing is you don’t want super bright lights in the fog, it’s all about light ‘temperature’. Something around 4000k is as bright as I would go, the whiter the light the more it just reflects off real fog and the less you can see. I’ve put LED Bulbs, 80W Cree in my last cars fog lights and only had to use them for the intended purpose once, they were horrendous. In my opinion you’ve definitely gone the right way with those halos, and now you have put that pic up I can see they will most likely look ace.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bought a Bosch battery to replace the tired old 11 year old Ford one. Still need to wire in the halos. 

DSC_0159.JPG

• Like 1