Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Phone Text on dash

Marks adventure.

I have an iphone 5s (yeah i know its old) how do i get text messages from my phone to my screen?

i just can not seem to work it out

Settings,

bluetooth,

Select the correct paired device and click on the ‘i’ for information

Toggle Show notifications 

1 hour ago, Marks adventure. said:

I have an iphone 5s (yeah i know its old) how do i get text messages from my phone to my screen?

i just can not seem to work it out

Pair the phone with the car using bluetoothhttp://secure.ford.co.uk/OwnerServices/Owners-Manual?selectedYear=2016&selectedModel=Edge

Easiest way to do it is to delete the current pairing from both devices, phone and Car. Then repair using the instructions from the manual/above link and click ‘Yes/Accept’ when the phone asks you if it should allow the Sync unit access to contacts and messages - 2 separate dialogue pop ups on the phone screen. Then go into the phones bluetooth settings and check the device information as in the first response you got.

Make sure when you pair the 2 again that your phone screen is not locked and you watch for the above permission requests. If you miss them then you are SOL and will need to do it all again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I love this on mine. You can even send texts by voice. If you press and hold the voice button, SIRI appears on your car entertainment screen and when it beeps just say “Text John Smith” (or whoever you are texting) SIRI will ask what you want to say to John Smith. Speak your response clearly and when asked to confirm say ‘yes’ or ‘change’ as appropriate. Yes will send, change will allow you to alter your message. My wife has a knack of texting me when I’m driving. 🙄🙄

Thanks all, now I can get messages up. Haven’t got a manual for car yet, dealer is sorting it

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club