Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little knock

NeilRS

Had a little knock today due to some idiot on a bike with no lights. Anyway- smacked mirrors with a car coming the other way. Only damage I can see in the dark is the drivers side mirror indictator lens is smashed- indicator still works but will now get wet. Any ideas where to get a replacement from? Thanks 

Similar thing happened to a friend in his Kuga, the little lens is under £20 from the dealers mate.
***** cyclists! If they are going to use the road then they need lights and a helmet at the very least. I don’t agree with saying they need a bike license or pay RFL but they need to be able to be held accountable, so maybe Insurance of some kind? Like a boat does. And I also think that failing to have lights, a helmet or not obeying the rules of the road should be punishable by a fixed £100 fine.
Cue discussion and condemnation by the 2 wheel brigade!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

He didn’t half get a mouthful- pitch black 60 mph road with no back lights, black clothes- he did have a helmet but his actions nearly got me killed and the guy coming the other way and the guys behind me. 

Will try searching for the part number.

Lens ordered- only about 17 pounds. Any body any idea how I get the old lens out and the new one in? Many thanks 

I don’t actually know but would think it would be accessed from inside by removing the mirror glass first. Don’t take my word for it though. 

40 minutes ago, NeilRS said:

Lens ordered- only about 17 pounds. Any body any idea how I get the old lens out and the new one in? Many thanks 

I think you’ll need to remove the mirror cover and it will fit in from the inside as per the post above.

I think the cover needs to come off as stated above, once off I’ve heard that on the focus you have to pry it off at the pointed end but on the eco sport you slide the lens out once the cap is removed. So either way the cover comes off first. Do you have a decent rapport with the salesman? He might be able to ask one of the spanner monkeys for you

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I changed one on my focus as same thing happened to me. Pretty sure they are identical and I did it without removing the mirror cover. Honestly can't remember if I managed to do with with the glass in or out. I think if you look at the new one you will be able to figure out how it's secured. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club