Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Water ingress in boot

coastrider

I have a 1999 T plate Fiesta with water ingress into the tailgate, when the tailgate is opened water pours out the drainage hole to the left of the lock, this is directly in line with the nut to release the spare wheel on the floorspace, as a result the nut and surrounding area is rusted and underneath the carpet also has water at times.

I'm looking for help in finding where the water could be coming from, I have blasted the tailgate with a power washer to see if I can see any water, found some water dripping from the tailgate lock but this does not seem enough to cause the water to flow out the drainage hole when the tailgate is opened.

Any suggestions appreciated

Thanks

• 7 months later...

I have a 1999 T plate Fiesta with water ingress into the tailgate, when the tailgate is opened water pours out the drainage hole to the left of the lock, this is directly in line with the nut to release the spare wheel on the floorspace, as a result the nut and surrounding area is rusted and underneath the carpet also has water at times.

I'm looking for help in finding where the water could be coming from, I have blasted the tailgate with a power washer to see if I can see any water, found some water dripping from the tailgate lock but this does not seem enough to cause the water to flow out the drainage hole when the tailgate is opened.

Any suggestions appreciated

Thanks

i also get this problem any one out there you could help?

Had exactly same issue on my X reg mk5, nightmare, traded it in on a sunny day so problem solved, i never got to the bottom of it, not did the garage!

• 3 years later...

Hi all, appreciate this is an old topic, however I have noticed water come out of the same hole to the left of the lock when it rains, could this be the window seal needs changing? - my boot floor is not got lots of water so looks like the water is just sitting in the bootlid until i open it.