Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2015 Focus will not start - multiple Malfunction messages

glennkelly

23 hours ago, glennkelly said:

though I don't understand how a washer pump that I know works would cause the problem.

See:

I had a very low opinion of the whole CANBUS idea, now confirmed, for the very reason that faults on it are almost impossible to locate. It is an appalling bus system to choose for reliability in a hostile environment. Something like a beefed up USB (a point to point bus, rather than muti-drop) would be much better. Then one of 30 or more nodes on it will not knock out the whole bus, and the fault can be pinpointed from the diagnostic connector. But that is just futile grumbling I suppose now. If I were MD of Ford Inc. (a bit :laugh:laugh.png unlikely), things would be different.

• Like 2

Got car back. They replaced the BCM and so far it’s ok. I’ll start it in a few hours when the temperature drops and then fingers crossed tomorrow morning. 

• Like 1

i was in the right area then. so what was the relay module they replaced? or were they refering that as the bcm module? 

bet it was corrosion that damaged the bcm. 

13 hours ago, iantt said:

i was in the right area then. so what was the relay module they replaced? or were they refering that as the bcm module? 

bet it was corrosion that damaged the bcm. 

They just said the BCM module was replaced. Started first time this morning so I’m a very happy driver 🤪

Investigated problems starting, confirm fault carried out SBD- no recent repairs, carried out manual diagnosis, carried out wiring checks to find all ok. Checked wiring from ignition relay to BCMI, found 0.02 resistance. Contacted technical advised to fit BCMI – replaced BCMI coded up re-tested to find all ok.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club