Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gear box issue?

Ableson95

Recently been having an issue with my Ford Fiesta. Sometimes when driving it won’t go into gear or is really stiff to get into gear. I found that the issue occurs mostly when going into first gear. Found that when going through the gears with the engine off it doesn’t stick as much as when driving. Does anyone have any idea what the issue maybe? 

If it's only first gear then it's perfectly normal. When your car is stationary you can put it in first easily right? There is just a precaution thing that you cannot put it in first when going 40mph for example...

Could be the linkage. On mine I find it hard to get into 3rd sometimes mainly when I'm downshifting from fourth 

It’s first when setting off and 3rd when driving. It’s kinda feels like it’s sticking and really stiff. Probably best I take it to a garage but hope it doesn’t break the bank! 

Do watch that video and give it a go. It might sort the problem out. I haven't got time yet to do it hopefully in mid December I might get time 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club