Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Is my fiesta MPG Good? Please Respond!

Shaunhastie

Sup folk,

I own a 2011 1.25 82 BHP petrol fiesta and it says on the parkers website i should be getting 54 MPG and get 498 miles (a tank) which is 42 litres but I'm only getting 44 MPG and 370 miles (a tank) average and was wondering if this is normal or could there be an issue with the car, I travel 64 Miles a day for 2 days a week and 30 Miles 2/3 days a week so it's not like it's getting a good run. I genrally travel 60MPH for about 12 miles then 50MPH because of the works but i barely stop. I use BP standard unleaded. i also pick up at a normal pace.

What is the best revs to change at as well for fuel economy?

If it's not right what can i do and is it worth taking it in to get looked at? It currenty has 69,000 miles on the odometor.

Attached is the info of the car to help.

Please respond to this as petrol is getting more and more expensive and I need every bit that i can save!

Thanks

Shaun

Car specs.PNG

You’ll never achieve the ‘claimed’ mpg figures as they’re from tests in a laboratory environment. Your driving style, type of road, whether you use the air con/heater etc all effect the mpg. The fact it’s now winter your mpg drops a little anyway. Personally I’d say your 44 isn’t too bad for a 1.25 but someone with the same model should confirm it.

I assume parkers will show figures based on makers publicised mpg from the industry standard way of measuring it. In the real world you will never get that.

Parkers show my 1.5 tdci econetic as   

Fuel consumption 88 mpg

I can only get about 63 on the dashboard mpg display and measuring it properly from number of litres put in for about 18,000 miles it is between 60-61mpg and I would not consider my journeys or driving style being bad for mpg

id say thats good for that car. i dont get my predicted MPG i get 35 - 38 MPG i travel maybe 5 mile too work then 15-20 min round trip back home with 1 stop to my missus house

Thats good i should say,i have a 1.6 2011 titanium and very local i get around 30 give or take so yours aint bad.

Have a look on honestjohn.com for real mpg. Way back when I had my 1.25 I was getting 43mpg driving like an old dear

My wife had one of these for 3 years and our overall average mpg with mixed use was 43.58. Two of our friends had the same car and achieved similar mpg so yours looks about right. 

That's not too bad of a difference. My 1.6 tdci is claimed 72mpg and I'm getting 47.5mpg. This is on 30mph roads and I do 20 miles three days a week including around 6 miles every 2 days. I may also have a leaking injector which don't know if the computer can notice that. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club