Show
Photo

Strange noise in my ford focus, need help!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jasey007

jasey007

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: edge
Posted 05 July 2008 - 11:31 AM

im driving a 2005 1.6 petrol focus, there is a rattle that has started, i notice it coming from the engine bay i think. When i pull away in 1st gear slowly, or when i have the car at biting point on a hill, there is a rattle noise, it sounds like a babies rattle shaking. In reverse, when on a hill, there is a whining and also the rattle!

The clutch isnt slipping, and ive had the car serviced a few weeks ago, the mechanic couldnt find anything.

Any ideas?

Have something to contribute?

Sign in or register to start a topic...

#2 Alex Mathieson

Alex Mathieson

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Ford Model: Ford Focus Zetec Estate 1.8 2000 model
Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

im driving a 2005 1.6 petrol focus, there is a rattle that has started, i notice it coming from the engine bay i think. When i pull away in 1st gear slowly, or when i have the car at biting point on a hill, there is a rattle noise, it sounds like a babies rattle shaking. In reverse, when on a hill, there is a whining and also the rattle!

The clutch isnt slipping, and ive had the car serviced a few weeks ago, the mechanic couldnt find anything.

Any ideas?

Hi, we had the problem of the rattle on our 1.8 Zetec Estate, it turned out to be part of the heat shield that was loose and was rattleing against the underside of the car. All the mechanic did was bend back the bit that was making contact. Sorry I cant help with the hill problem.

#3 cressws1

cressws1

Feet Under The Table

• PipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • Name: Scott
  • Ford Model: Focus Zetec 1.8
  • Year: 1999

Posted 08 July 2009 - 09:36 PM

I had the same problem on my 1.8 Zetec, It was a heatshield attatched to the exhaust under the engine bay, As said above its literally a plate of square metal that rattles on ur exhaust at low revs. I just bent mine away from the exhaust (only by a matter of 10mm) and it hasnt happened since. I understand this is quite a common problem on the Mk1 and Mk2 Focus'

Not what you're looking for?

Register now, we have a huge community of enthusiasts to answer any questions you might have

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users