Share Your Car Experience
    • Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale

JackAndrew1995

MK8 Fiesta - issues with build quality

Hello,

I took delivery of a MK8 Fiesta Zetec  with the new 1.1L Ti-VCT engine in late September and i'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing issues with the build quality of their car?

Unfortunately, there is a list of complaints with my car and i'm not best pleased with it and would love to know if any one else has had the same or similar issues.

Issues reported to the dealer:
Interior Front lights don't always come on first unlock (fixed with a software update)
Sat-Nav looses GPS and ends up in the middle of a river (Ford are aware of the issue, but could take a couple of months for a fix)
Dashboard rattles when in motion.
Engine seems to be really rough to the point that the passenger side seat wobbles at idle.

Dashboard and Engine issue have been reported again however nothing was brought back about the dashboard when I picked it back up from the service dept.
My car has apparently had an update to control the rough idling engine which hasn't helped at all :(

Hows everyone else's MK8 Fiesta treating them? It's alot better than my previous MK7.5 Studio in everyday i'll tell you that much!

Jack

Hi

My sat-nav on my Mk8 lost GPS signal once and reset after I turned ignition off. Once it indicated it had lost signal but carried on giving correct indications. Got mine early August and both my problems occurred in the first two months. OK since.. Not suffering any of your other two issues. Agree a lot better than the Mk 7.5.

The problem I have been having is the automatic windscreen wipers. Some times they work sometimes they don't . Like losing the GPS  on the Satnav , which I have lost the signal too, I just stop and start up again and it's sorted. 

Ordered mine in July for delivery in October, initially went for titanium spec with reverse sensors for £200 but added camera as it was only £50 more, dealer rang to say there had been a mix up ( by ford not them) and sensors were not fitted, he gave us a couple of options, we could reorder the car with correct spec for delivery in DEC, or take the car and they would fit the sensors, we chose to take the car, the only problem would be that the proximity sensor wouldn't show on the camera, when we went to collect the car the dealer gave us an extra two years on the warranty, fitted the rear sensors foc and we received a cheque for £200 from ford , can't say I've noticed much difference when reversing as I find the camera a lot better, had no issues as yet of any problems as reported by the op, I too think its a vast improvement over the mk7.5

1 hour ago, potter18 said:

Ordered mine in July for delivery in October, initially went for titanium spec with reverse sensors for £200 but added camera as it was only £50 more, dealer rang to say there had been a mix up ( by ford not them) and sensors were not fitted, he gave us a couple of options, we could reorder the car with correct spec for delivery in DEC, or take the car and they would fit the sensors, we chose to take the car, the only problem would be that the proximity sensor wouldn't show on the camera, when we went to collect the car the dealer gave us an extra two years on the warranty, fitted the rear sensors foc and we received a cheque for £200 from ford , can't say I've noticed much difference when reversing as I find the camera a lot better, had no issues as yet of any problems as reported by the op, I too think its a vast improvement over the mk7.5

I think it's good to have sensors along with a camera. Helps give a audio judgment when your not looking at the camera and busy looking at not kurbing the wheels. I fitted a reversing camera and once I just about touched the car behind me because I was busy looking at the kurb. 

For the build quality Id say ford aren't perfect with all their cars they make. I heard one person ordered a mk7 back when they were new and the rear Speakers weren't working so had to take the car back to Ford. 

I've been noticing rattles from interior. Had the dealership check on it and they told me they noticed nothing unusual. Will make them check again when it's due for service.

I am not sure about the engine being rough. I am noticing some kind of "rattle" or roughness when taking off in first gear and reversing, also during idle.