Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New car New bulbs

ayrshiredude

Ok so I am getting my new car on Tuesday, unfortunately its not a Ford but I was hoping some of you guys could offer me some advice on the bulbs.

So it uses H7 Long Life bulbs for the dipped and H7 bulbs for the full beam.  I've been told the technical differences but, as I was going to get Nigthbreaker Lasers if I fit a pair of these to each are they just going to be the same?  I.e. If I turn on the full beam will it just be exactly the same as the dipped?

Hope someone can advise

The shape of the headlights reflector or projector hosing will give it the range and light spread to make the dipped or main beam, some cars it will turn the dipped off when the main beam comes on, some it will have both lamps on.

1 hour ago, MarksST said:

The shape of the headlights reflector or projector hosing will give it the range and light spread to make the dipped or main beam, some cars it will turn the dipped off when the main beam comes on, some it will have both lamps on.

Ah I see so if both bulbs are exactly the same the full beam will still go further and be brighter?

This is a FORD forum, other manufacturers have their own forums 👋🏻 👋🏻 

JK. Have you considered Phillips Xtreme Vision, they claim to match the NightBreakers in colour and beam strength. They have a better reputation when it comes to lifespan, NightBreakers are well known to burn out quickly. I’ve had Xtreme Vision bulbs in my Mondeo - H7 dipped beam, for a little over 18months now. I tend to drive with my headlights on for most journeys (I have Halogen DRLs which I can’t change) so they have done about 800-1000hours with no issue. They are a good colour and decent beam. Buy a set of each and you can try each set in dipped and high.

What’s the new car? You haven’t gone over to the dark side have you? The one with all the ‘limited’ editions and free parking at MacDonalds lol

I'm.getting the new seat Ibiza fr 115. Looked at the new fiesta st line but the rediculous price hike really put me off it, that plus the lower spec. I realise there's a forum for seat's but there is nothing like the use of this one. Was just looking for some general advice [emoji16]

• Like 1

I've bought Nightbreakers and they lasted 8 months so I was rather annoyed at the waste of money. They are brighter than standard bulbs although the difference was far from spectacular. Just make sure you are happy to accept the short life..........it does tell you on the box when you buy them (which I failed to notice).

I used nightbreaker unlimited until one went s few weeks ago. The lasted about 18 months. The h1 full beams are still in and ok but they obviously don't get as high use

Do you reckon the Philips last longer than the osram?

5 hours ago, ayrshiredude said:

Do you reckon the Philips last longer than the osram?

I have Osram and been in mine for 2 years now and great beam of light.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club