Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto locking doors

Black Magic

On 21/12/2017 at 11:23 AM, TomsFocus said:

Hill start doesn't work on the Mk2, it does just use the ABS but needs a different ABS module.  It should work on mk3 though, but I think all mk3s have it standard anyway?

Tbf, on modern petrols, they're so quiet and with such light clutches, I can see HSA being useful... :tongue: 

Mine’s an MK3 and I don’t have the option as standard. Will see if it’s hiding when I get the cable next week. 

On 21/12/2017 at 10:12 AM, mjt said:

It's only for people who've never learned to drive properly. :whistling1:

It’s there for auto boxes - I have it on my 2.0 petrol titanium x sport - it has the powershift box - obviously no clutch or manual biting point. 

Hill Start Assist is available as an option ( and included in some higher specced trim levels) of the Focus MK3/MK3.5. Hill Start Assist is integrated into the ABS, PCM and BCM module of the car and does not require addtitional hardware. 

However Hill Start Assist is only available on Focus MK3/MK3.5 vehicles that have the IVD (Integrated Vehicle Dynamics) system. The IVD system includes ABS, ESP and TCS. Hill Start Assist is not available on Focus MK3/MK3.5 vehicles that have ABS only or even no ABS at all.

Most European markets have the IVD system as standard on the Focus MK3/MK3.5. In this case the Hill Start Assist functionality can easily be activated. After changing the corresponding configuration parameter it is important to initialize the ABS module. By initializing the ABS module it is forced to restart and adapt to the new configuration.

On 24/12/2017 at 7:01 AM, JW1982 said:

Hill Start Assist is available as an option ( and included in some higher specced trim levels) of the Focus MK3/MK3.5. Hill Start Assist is integrated into the ABS, PCM and BCM module of the car and does not require addtitional hardware. 

However Hill Start Assist is only available on Focus MK3/MK3.5 vehicles that have the IVD (Integrated Vehicle Dynamics) system. The IVD system includes ABS, ESP and TCS. Hill Start Assist is not available on Focus MK3/MK3.5 vehicles that have ABS only or even no ABS at all.

Most European markets have the IVD system as standard on the Focus MK3/MK3.5. In this case the Hill Start Assist functionality can easily be activated. After changing the corresponding configuration parameter it is important to initialize the ABS module. By initializing the ABS module it is forced to restart and adapt to the new configuration.

Is there a way to check what you have?

The type of brake system is configured in the Central Car Configuration.

#75  Vehicle Dynamic Control

IVD = listed as ESP (parameter 02).

This procedure only works If the Autolocking function is switched on in the Central Configuration of the car. This is not the case on European Focus MK3/MK3.5 vehicles.

On European Focus MK3/MK3.5 versions the Autolocking function needs to be switched on in the Central Configuration first before it is possible to switch it on/off using the procedure with the locking button.

I don't mean to come across as being facetious, but how about just pressing door locking when you set off?

That is a good point and it is what I do on a daily basis, however, there have been times when I dropped out of the car for something, got back in, and completely forgot to lock again while driving. 

I understand where Ford is coming from by not locking the door automatically. They should give us the option to choose if we want to do so. Other cars lock them as soon as you set off. 

On 29/12/2017 at 12:41 AM, Stevesixty7 said:

I don't mean to come across as being facetious, but how about just pressing door locking when you set off?

Because sometimes you forget I guess. If there’s an option for turning it on automatically then I’d happily use it. 

Just need to find the time to get to my car with my laptop and cable. 

• Like 1

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:59 AM, JW1982 said:

The Autolocking functionality is available on every Focus model since the introduction of the Focus MK1.5 back in 2001. However this functionality is switched OFF as standard on all European versions.

On the MK2/MK2.5 and MK3/MK3.5 the Autolocking needs to be activated in the vehicle configuration. Once activated the Autolocking functionality can be switched ON and OFF (if needed) by performing the correct procedure.

Ford Europe does officially not support the autolocking function because of legal/responsibility reasons. The autolocking function is still present in the IDS and FRDS software but is greyed out and can not be activated. On the Ford IDS diagnostic system the autolocking function can still be activated from within the engineering mode of the program. However a normal Ford dealer does not use the engineering mode (or does not even know it exists). Because of this a European Ford dealer can officially not activate the autolocking function. 

However it is perfectly possible to activate the autolocking function on most European Ford models. On a Focus MK3/MK3.5 the autolocking function can be activated by enabling the autolocking function in the Central Car Configuration using a suitible diagnostic system. For example an ELM327 interface and the free FoCCCus (MK3) or Forscan (both MK3 and MK3.5 software.

The second time i tried to activate autolocking, don´t rember if this poped up the first time, i got this warning from ForScan.

Any advice before changing anything in engineering mode?

Autolocking.JPG

This warning is completely normal and will be displayed for every parameter you change.

Another mission acomplished , thanks to you JW1982 :thumbup:

• 1 year later...

If you don't want to face the noise problem from your driver door lock, check the inner wiring first.Then consult that issue with locksmith or mechanic so that issue will not rise again.

On 12/23/2017 at 10:47 PM, Wangarai said:

It’s there for auto boxes - I have it on my 2.0 petrol titanium x sport - it has the powershift box - obviously no clutch or manual biting point

Doesn't prevent you from using the handbrake whilst stationary. People have been driving automatics for decades without it.