Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Auto locking doors

Black Magic

Hello

I have a Ford Focus 2011 Mk3 1.6 Titanium and was wondering if the doors are suppose to automatically lock when you set off?

nope, not factory installed option. but can be enabled using an elm 327 adapter and foccus software

• Like 2

1 hour ago, iantt said:

nope, not factory installed option. but can be enabled using an elm 327 adapter and foccus software

Can this be enabled for a non-tiantium spec?

The Autolocking functionality is available on every Focus model since the introduction of the Focus MK1.5 back in 2001. However this functionality is switched OFF as standard on all European versions.

On the MK2/MK2.5 and MK3/MK3.5 the Autolocking needs to be activated in the vehicle configuration. Once activated the Autolocking functionality can be switched ON and OFF (if needed) by performing the correct procedure.

Ford Europe does officially not support the autolocking function because of legal/responsibility reasons. The autolocking function is still present in the IDS and FRDS software but is greyed out and can not be activated. On the Ford IDS diagnostic system the autolocking function can still be activated from within the engineering mode of the program. However a normal Ford dealer does not use the engineering mode (or does not even know it exists). Because of this a European Ford dealer can officially not activate the autolocking function. 

However it is perfectly possible to activate the autolocking function on most European Ford models. On a Focus MK3/MK3.5 the autolocking function can be activated by enabling the autolocking function in the Central Car Configuration using a suitible diagnostic system. For example an ELM327 interface and the free FoCCCus (MK3) or Forscan (both MK3 and MK3.5 software.

• Like 3

Unless someone lives in Johannesburg and is worried about getting car jacked, I've never really understood why people would want this feature.  I'd always thought that in the unfortunate case that you're involved in a crash, I rather not risk having the door locks frozen in the locked position.  It might be the difference (in a side impact) between being able to force the door open and not.

Obviously it's each to their own (maybe some fold live in a particularly rough area like Hull/Blackpool etc) :tongue:

• Like 1

You could be car jacked in traffic anywhere tbh, especially at night. :unsure: I activated it on mine back when I first got it and don't regret it at all, had it on the Golf as well...  Same as first-press single door unlocking in dark car parks, just takes one person to wait by the NSR door and jump in when you press the fob... :ohmy:  Then again, I don't like having the window open in town as anyone can reach in and nab the keys or give me a thump...  I probably worry too much though. :whistling:

Gives me a giggle seeing passengers trying to get out before me though, they pull the handle once and the door unlocks but doesn't open (just needs a second pull) then they start poking and prodding everything on the door, windows going down etc.  :laugh: 

I'm carrying my laptop bag with me on the back seat - so I have to open all 4 doors, not just driver's + boot, so I enabled the auto-locking, just to be safe on a parking lot at slow speed, when anyone can jump to the car from behind and grab the bag from the back seat. I'm not worried on the company parking lot, or by my house, but when I'm running errands after work, in the city, looking for parking spot or something, it's easy to just quickly open the doors and take the bag out...so autolocking with re-locking it is :)

27 minutes ago, ScorpionSX said:

I'm carrying my laptop bag with me on the back seat - so I have to open all 4 doors, not just driver's + boot, so I enabled the auto-locking, just to be safe on a parking lot at slow speed, when anyone can jump to the car from behind and grab the bag from the back seat. I'm not worried on the company parking lot, or by my house, but when I'm running errands after work, in the city, looking for parking spot or something, it's easy to just quickly open the doors and take the bag out...so autolocking with re-locking it is :)

My previous employer prohibited staff leaving company devices on seats i.e. if you were driving the devices either had to be in the front or in the boot.

It's similar where I work...we "have the responsibility for it"...whatever that means...I don't leave it unattended in the car of course, even with tinted windows, when there is nothing visible inside, but I don't have problem leaving it on the backseat...

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:59 AM, JW1982 said:

The Autolocking functionality is available on every Focus model since the introduction of the Focus MK1.5 back in 2001. However this functionality is switched OFF as standard on all European versions.

On the MK2/MK2.5 and MK3/MK3.5 the Autolocking needs to be activated in the vehicle configuration. Once activated the Autolocking functionality can be switched ON and OFF (if needed) by performing the correct procedure.

Ford Europe does officially not support the autolocking function because of legal/responsibility reasons. The autolocking function is still present in the IDS and FRDS software but is greyed out and can not be activated. On the Ford IDS diagnostic system the autolocking function can still be activated from within the engineering mode of the program. However a normal Ford dealer does not use the engineering mode (or does not even know it exists). Because of this a European Ford dealer can officially not activate the autolocking function. 

However it is perfectly possible to activate the autolocking function on most European Ford models. On a Focus MK3/MK3.5 the autolocking function can be activated by enabling the autolocking function in the Central Car Configuration using a suitible diagnostic system. For example an ELM327 interface and the free FoCCCus (MK3) or Forscan (both MK3 and MK3.5 software.

Hi Wilco,

I have a Focus MK3.5 and want to activate autolocking, as Focccus is unable to read my ECU, would you please tell me how to do it with Forscan? Wich Hex line code in what module? 

Paulo

Focccus error.jpg

The FoCCCus program is designed for the Focus MK3. It was never further developed for the Focus MK3.5.

To change the CCC (Central Car Configuration) using hte Forscan program you need an extended license. The extended license can be obtained for free after registration on the Forscan forum. 

Next go to the "Configuration" tab of the program (marked with a processor symbol). Now the program shows a list of different configuration options. Choose for CCC main and start the procudure to read the CCC.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor Forscan CCC

Now the CCC configuration can be edited. When finished simply press "Write" to load the modified configuration into the BCM. 

• Like 3

Thanks Wilco,

I'll try that as soon as possible.

My BCM is a BCMii, is it the same?

BCMii Main.jpg

Yes, BCM and BCMii are just different names for the same thing. Both refer to the Body Control Module (which is basically a computerized, CANbus controlled fuse box).

On 11/12/2017 at 10:50 AM, 1979Damian said:

I'd always thought that in the unfortunate case that you're involved in a crash, I rather not risk having the door locks frozen in the locked position.

I might be wrong here but I think that in the even of the airbags going off the doors are failsafe rather than fail-secure.

Could be wrong...

• Like 1

On 11/12/2017 at 10:50 AM, 1979Damian said:

Unless someone lives in Johannesburg and is worried about getting car jacked, I've never really understood why people would want this feature.  I'd always thought that in the unfortunate case that you're involved in a crash, I rather not risk having the door locks frozen in the locked position.  It might be the difference (in a side impact) between being able to force the door open and not.

Obviously it's each to their own (maybe some fold live in a particularly rough area like Hull/Blackpool etc) :tongue:

Quite a few robberies and theft from vehicles in the Manchester area. And they aren’t always going for the high speed, high value cars either. There’s been a few involving knives at red traffic lights for standard cars or the items on the passenger seat. 

I lock my doors manually every time I drive. I’d quite like this feature to be honest. 

I live outside the Manchester area but I drive there a lot and this would be a good security addition. 

I like the auto locking doors for the feeling of added security. Whilst I’ve never had some on try to open one of the doors when I’ve been stopped in traffic, it does make you feel a bit safer having your iPhone on the centre console.

We have two young children and I like the fact that with autolocking enabled no-one can open the doors from the outside. 

I used the elm327 cable and Forscan to enable it on my Mk4.5 Mondeo and my wife’s Mk2.5 Focus. It was worth the £15 alone (for the cable) just to enable auto locking. My previous Mondeo (Mk3.5) could have autolocking enabled by locking / unlocking the doors using a predefined sequence. When I upgraded to the Mk4.5 I really missed the autolocking feature, hence my decision to buy the elm327 cable. 

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:58 AM, JW1982 said:

Yes, BCM and BCMii are just different names for the same thing. Both refer to the Body Control Module (which is basically a computerized, CANbus controlled fuse box).

Thanks to you i managed to get Cruise Control activated :biggrin::notworthy: , ok, that´s another topic...

Regarding the autolock feature, despite showing the option, i was not able select the correct one. Do i need to change something else first?

On 16/12/2017 at 11:02 AM, Pebbleheed said:

Quite a few robberies and theft from vehicles in the Manchester area. And they aren’t always going for the high speed, high value cars either. There’s been a few involving knives at red traffic lights for standard cars or the items on the passenger seat. 

I lock my doors manually every time I drive. I’d quite like this feature to be honest. 

I live outside the Manchester area but I drive there a lot and this would be a good security addition. 

Hi Pebblehead. I found the thread that I used to enable autolocking with elmconfig software (not Forscan as I  stated previously). It’s pretty straight forward but remember to back up your settings as you soon explained in the discussion. 

http://www.talkford.com/community/topic/219522-how-to-auto-lockingenable-sat-nav-in-convers/?hl=elmconfig

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I noticed hill assist is on there too. Does that just enable with the software or does the car require something extra in terms of hardware? 

On 12/11/2017 at 10:50 AM, 1979Damian said:

Would never go without auto-locking now after watching various prank videos online and other auto-jacking videos.

4 hours ago, Pebbleheed said:

I noticed hill assist is on there too. Does that just enable with the software or does the car require something extra in terms of hardware? 

I enabled it on my car, doesn't seem to do anything on my 2010 Focus. Read it uses the ABS module to hold the brakes on however may need some more parts to work.

13 hours ago, Micro said:
18 hours ago, Pebbleheed said:

I enabled it on my car, doesn't seem to do anything on my 2010 Focus. Read it uses the ABS module to hold the brakes on however may need some more parts to work.

It's only for people who've never learned to drive properly. :whistling1:

• Haha 3

25 minutes ago, mjt said:

Ermm..."What's this biting point thingy people keep talking about?" :biggrin:

Hill start doesn't work on the Mk2, it does just use the ABS but needs a different ABS module.  It should work on mk3 though, but I think all mk3s have it standard anyway?

Tbf, on modern petrols, they're so quiet and with such light clutches, I can see HSA being useful... :tongue: 

On 21/12/2017 at 10:12 AM, mjt said:

I’ve had more driver training than your average motorist so it’s not for me :D it’s for when the girlfriend borrows my car. She has it on her Fiesta.