Do Not Sell My Personal Information

62 plate 1.6 diesel Ford Mondeo sluggish pull off

Deano_81

Hi,

Im just wondering if anyone else has this same problem with there mondeo.

When I pull off its sluggish as hell. Once the cars moving its fine. But just seems to hold back from stand still.

I know I aint expecting the car to be super fast for a 1.6 but surely I should pull off as quick as my mrs 1.6 diesel 308 which flys off from stand still.

I wouldnt mind but ive pulled off from a round about with plenty of time between me and the car coming from the right and its been a close call a few times with the other cars :-/

If anyone has any ideas what it could be or what I should look for that would be great ....

Thanks in advance Deano_81

i think there is some stuff on the focus forum about this. I think it is something to do with a weak gearbox so the ecu is programmed to limit the torque in first gear to stop the gearbox failing (a stronger gearbox might have been a better solution)

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, isetta said:

i think there is some stuff on the focus forum about this. I think it is something to do with a weak gearbox so the ecu is programmed to limit the torque in first gear to stop the gearbox failing (a stronger gearbox might have been a better solution)

Yes but a stronger gearbox would cut into Ford's profit margin :wallbash:

• Like 1

Thanks for replying. I'm now guessing theres bugger all I can do if thats the problem :-/

I wonder if there is a PCM update for the 1.6... My car, 2.2 Diesel, used to be really sluggish too, it would either bog down and I would crawl out of a junction or wheel spin off because I gave it more revs to counteract that. Fortunately for me my car was still under warranty at the time and I had the update FOC. After the update, the car was completely different to drive, it was like it was a different car. Night and day difference.

Might be worth asking at a Ford dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the reply, Someone else has mentioned to me about a update so may be worth looking into cheers