Do Not Sell My Personal Information

re-mapping

swades

hello, does anyone know if I can get more BHP out of a 1.0 ecoboost Focus?

yes. quite a few remap there ecoboost inc me. post your question in the focus section and plenty will advise,

41 minutes ago, iantt said:

yes. quite a few remap there ecoboost inc me. post your question in the focus section and plenty will advise,

do you know anyone in London that does it?

You can easily do it yourself with a Bluefin.

mybluefin.co.uk

• Like 2

Another vote for Bluefin here, run it on 2 cars in succession and counting now.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I also used bluefin on my 1.8 tdci .

Vast improvement for me, power wasn't much a concern but smoothness, it was easy to stall from a junc/roundabout and power came in one lump.

Slightly less economy (few MPG), smoother and more powerful; a trade off well worth it.

Also you can revert back to the standard map should you need to.

• Like 2

Changed from Focus 1L Ecoboost to Focus ST 250 last week.  Removed the Bluefin from the departing car and rang Bluefin this morning to download the software for the ST.  Their site says there will be a charge for this so was expecting to pay about 50% of original cost.  Much to my surprise, because I bought the remap less than 12 months ago, the new software would be sent free of charge, and so it was.  No complaints here and the ST moves a bit now.  It showed 250PS on the dyno before the remap so will be having another dyno run in the New Year to see the gain.

• Like 2

Is the bluefin noticeable on the 1.0 ecoboost?

I’m still very tempted to do it myself. 

I haven't driven the 1.0 Ecoboost on the Focus but my significant other has the 1.0 Ecoboost in her fiesta. We ordered the 125HP version but she is now at 150 HP after a remap and an air filter change.People are often surprised as to how can a 1l engine generate so much power :). 

Was it worth it? Yes, I can feel the difference as the power comes a bit earlier which is good for this tiny engine. In its original form if you wanted to push the car you had to look at the rev meter and wait for the V tech to kick in yo! Oh wait wrong engine :D. *haha*

Any who, it is unlikely that the engine will go past 160 HP in a Focus without major modifications. It all depends on how the engine was broken in and its original HP rating. You will feel the difference and the car will be snappier but do not expect the torque delivery to be flat for a long period (the last part of my post will explain why). Your curves are going to tell the engine to give you the power earlier which means you get to giggle sooner. 

My 1.5 Ecoboost (i have a thread someplace on the forum) had some power before the dyno and remap but the power came too late. Peak was close to 6250 rpm which took a while to reach. While on the accelerator pedal and waiting for all the power to be put down, other cars would go away. So having seen that the engine had more potential, I gave it a stage 2 make over and it sits at 220 hp. This result was possible due to the proper break in. I had north of 175 HP , eventhough the engine was rated at 150 HP by Ford.  The 220 HP is achieved at  5000 rpm and my torque has been shifted to the left of the graph by a significant amount for it to kick in between 1850 rpm and 4000. 

Even with the new map, the 1.5 has a limitation which Ford attributes to cost. The torque curve does not stay flat for a very long time and drops steeply. The turbo is not the best. The 1.0 is plagued by the same issue. 

Depends on the mapping . Mine has 220@5000 rpm. At 6250 rpm I drop in HP and if I recall I end up with 207. This is not a problem because my next gear gives me the power again.

The performance loss will be above everything you had Stock. So do not fret as long as the map is not too hard and you end up with cooling issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club