Do Not Sell My Personal Information

MPG

shocks

Hello everyone,

I'm reaching 1300 miles in my Edge 210 auto titanium with 20" wheels and am getting an average of 31 miles local driving. I know its early days still but are you Edge drivers seeing a big difference in your mpg as the miles start adding up on your car? I have done a few 70mph runs down the A55 so it's not all 30-50mph journeys. 

Am I expecting the engine to "loosen up" a bit and give me better mpg over the next few hundred miles or so.

thanks

After 12,000 miles of mixed motorway/urban/rural driving including towing a caravan, I'm averaging 35.6 mpg. I too have 20" wheels.

Current mileage 7700, mainly urban/rural roads so not many long motorway journeys, averaging 32.3mpg so a bit disappointed so far (Edge Sport 210 with 20" wheels)

2500 miles and i'm running around 33mpg 2ltr sport with 20" rims - second week of ownership, disappointed with the return so far

12000 miles mixed driving, 19" wheels, manual box, average since new 39.8 mpg.  Per tank full mpg has dropped a couple since the weather got cold.

8300 Miles, 210ps PowerShift auto and i'm getting 40.3MPG.

Some varied results above. I’m at 11 months old, around 9,000 miles and an average of 33.2 mpg so far. Sport 210 auto on 20” rims. 

I've found the right foot makes a bigger difference in MPG on the Edge than it did on my Mondeo.

Out of town driving charging around at the speed limit returns mid to high 30's however slow down by 5 mph on all limits gives low 40's.  Delights of driving something with the aerodynamics of a brick I suppose.

MPG was also noticeably better in the summer.

Still, if I desperately wanted 50+ MPG I wouldn't be driving a SUV.

6000 miles, 210 Sport with Powershift!, and I’m averaging about 33 around town. Consumption appeared better in summer but local stop / start traffic can bring it down to 31. I have managed to eek out 50mpg on a leisurely run.

After  my previous Kuga returned about 45mpg around town (2.0 TDCi manual with 18” rims) I was expecting more from the Edge.

i’ll forgive the Edge for its consumption as it is such a brilliant car to drive. If I want 40+ mpg, i’ll use my bike (unless it’s raining... or cold!)

As stated previously. The Edge has the aerodynamics of a brick, plus it weighs about 2 tonnes so not surprising some folks get poor MPG.  What surprises me is that some folk get particularly good MPG. 

when the factory test drives are at 47ish mpg, I thought my figures would be a lot closer to that.I cant see me getting anywhere near that at the moment. Still early in the miles for me so hopefully it will improve. Great to see some of you getting close to that or better. 

Are well you see, a tuning box helps. Previously on here I was called a 'boy racer', would be nice, but its a very long time since i was a boy. Anyway, as well as an increase in power, with that extra bit you can drive in a spirited manner but the engine doesn't have to work so hard for any given speed. So you get a better driving experience without having to push it, hence the slight increase in fuel economy.

Too many beers to do the maths right now but an extra 5mpg or so will soon cover the cost of the box. All perfectly legal, just tell the insurance Co.

On ‎16‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:58 PM, Hamster said:

Are well you see, a tuning box helps. Previously on here I was called a 'boy racer', would be nice, but its a very long time since i was a boy. Anyway, as well as an increase in power, with that extra bit you can drive in a spirited manner but the engine doesn't have to work so hard for any given speed. So you get a better driving experience without having to push it, hence the slight increase in fuel economy.

Too many beers to do the maths right now but an extra 5mpg or so will soon cover the cost of the box. All perfectly legal, just tell the insurance Co.

I don't think I could play around with the engine tuning etc.. I feel its setup as it is for a reason but that's just me

On a long trip doing 70 on the autobahn with a superchips bluefin installed I can get it up to 37mpg average. 

@Brad8988 I don’t think that’s particularly great. Mine is not modified and I can get 42 on a 70mph long run. 

On 24/12/2017 at 12:21 AM, Edge of Reason said:

@Brad8988 I don’t think that’s particularly great. Mine is not modified and I can get 42 on a 70mph long run. 

Yea its not great at all lol. I belive the better fuel economy claims that these remaps suggest. 

Great cars, but why buy a 1.8 tonne SUV if fuel consumption is a concern?

19 hours ago, Jethro_Tull said:

Great cars, but why buy a 1.8 tonne SUV if fuel consumption is a concern?

ford claim I should get mid to late 40's mpg but just not getting near that at the moment. hopefully will in time!

your right though- great car!

If you drive it on rollers in a lab with a preheated motor like Ford have to when conducting the tests, then you'd achieve much the same.

8 hours ago, Jethro_Tull said:

If you drive it on rollers in a lab with a preheated motor like Ford have to when conducting the tests, then you'd achieve much the same.

Bit of a boring journey though !😄😂

13 hours ago, Edge of Reason said:

Bit of a boring journey though !😄😂

But you wouldn't have the SatNav problems that I've got!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Over 12000 miles, 9 Months. Mixed styles and conditions. Heavy foot, for a reason chosen sport, not necessary the reason was speed but still.  210HP , panoramic roof big rims etc..

36MPG - 42MPG depends on condition. If treating my baby with TLC and drive like pensioner range can hit 500miles. If hitting Autobahn.. sorry 300 miles range is max.

• 3 months later...

Sorry to resurrect and old thread but for the last fill up, I tried using the car in sport mode only and manually did all gear changes with the paddles.  I managed to get 2 mpg more than I would normally have got.  For the current fill up (yesterday) I’m doing a full tank of only using drive, so will see how that performs by comparison.  Most of my driving is in built up areas, so any little help with mpg would be good, though as someone before said, you shouldn’t buy a 2 tonne SUV if fuel economy is your worry.  I’m not worried by the economy, as my last car was a Focus ST which averaged 26 mpg, but anything better can only be a good thing, particularly as my diesel locally has gone up about 6 or 7 pence per litre in the last month. 

Ok, I was being light footed but even so, I’m impressed

DB8B4851-FD56-40C5-8C3D-D8483CBE16F6.jpeg

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club