Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sub Install MK7.5

Samandroid1998

Hello,

I am looking at installing a sub in the boot of my car. I am going to use a high to low converter to get my RCA's but I was wondering where is best to run the remote cable to? Also I will be using the standard headunit.

when i installed my sub, i ran the power cable from the battery using the passenger side. through the plastics on the bottom of the door then through the rear side plastics where the speaker is, then i ran the speaker wires which link the head unit and sub. i used the driver side. I managed to find a gap where the vent is nearest to the head unit to put the cable through then ran it through the top of the foot well then through to the back using the same method. make sure your ground is long enough and is screwed to bare metal.

That didn't answer my question... I wanna know where the remote wire connects at the back of the stereo...

Either buy a RCA converter that has a remote output on it or,  connect it to an ignition switched circuit in the fusebox using a piggyback fuseholder.

Either buy a RCA converter that has a remote output on it or,  connect it to an ignition switched circuit in the fusebox using a piggyback fuseholder.

Could i not tap into the ignition switch from the stereo?

17 hours ago, Samandroid1998 said:

That didn't answer my question... I wanna know where the remote wire connects at the back of the stereo...

ah very sorry i miss read your question