Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New to me Kuga

mustang86

So I've got rid of the money pit for a 2012 kuga titanium X. Great car.  It has the usual toys plus sat nav. Just wondering if I have to do anything to register the sat nav it or does it just update itself when the time is needed?

20171203_150119.jpg

If it's anything like the Fiesta, you have to buy a new SD card everytime you want to update the map. There's certainly no Over The Air updating. 

• Like 1

same as fiesta, focus, c max with the older satnav. check what version you have. remove card and you will see a v and a number. v7 is the latest version.

Where would the card be? Not sure what the model is. It' the one with the built in climate control if that helps. All one big unit 🤔

Just above the screen there is a slot, not easy to see. Press the card in and it will come out sufficiently to remove.

Ah, just re read your post. You have an older MK1 kuga then. In that case post up a photo of your screen. Earlier ones had them behind the control panel.

It's a 2012 mk1 think it'. One of last before the mk2 came out. The stereo looks like this one..

Screenshot_20171214-155201.jpg

ah, could be a dvd map data on that one. not sure you can get updated dvd map data. pull the on/off volume knob off then prise the knob surround off, it will have a metal spring attatched. but , and its a big BUT. if it has a dvd drive and not sd card, dont try to remove it unless you have the radio code .

15 hours ago, iantt said:

ah, could be a dvd map data on that one. not sure you can get updated dvd map data. pull the on/off volume knob off then prise the knob surround off, it will have a metal spring attatched. but , and its a big BUT. if it has a dvd drive and not sd card, dont try to remove it unless you have the radio code .

Haha will have a search for the code first then. Thanks dude

• 2 weeks later...

Looked like its a SD cars one after all that. I'e contacted the dealer and been quoted £269. Is this normal.. seems pretty high. I've seen some on eBay that are from  £30 upwards. Are they the same as what the dealer would be selling?

I recently bought 2017 maps from eBay (for my 2011 Mondeo) and it's fine, just make sure it's for your type of sat nav.

Yours looks similar to mine, but not quite the same due to the dash design. Mine is an MCA unit but check what yours is first.

WP_20141109_12_46_50_Pro (2).jpg

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Frembrit said:

I recently bought 2017 maps from eBay (for my 2011 Mondeo) and it's fine, just make sure it's for your type of sat nav.

Yours looks similar to mine, but not quite the same due to the dash design. Mine is an MCA unit but check what yours is first.

WP_20141109_12_46_50_Pro (2).jpg

Looks pretty similar except the colour and slightly different design. I have the old case for the SD card which says it's a MAC too so 🤞

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club