Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Poor cold wether heating

Tanisla2

As winter has finally desended on us well it has in Stockport I’m not very impressed with the Ford Edges Heating.

1.  As there’s no auxiliary heater to warm up the engine cooling system it takes miles ( most people in ice weather take it easy when driving) before the heater becomes a heater.

2 The heated leather seats take along time to warm up they never get comfortably warm/ hot.

3 The front screen even though heated via elements embedded in the glass are very slow in raising the temperature to melt a covering of frost, suspect it would never melt snow.

4 Doesn’t appear to have heated washer nozzles so even with a higher concentrate of washer fluid in the washer tank it fails to spray.

After owning a  51 plate Ford Galaxy that didn’t have these problems I’m a little disappointed, I’m sure it must get colder in Canada the home of the Ford Edge.

Next time it’s cold put your heated rear screen on and if you’ve got heated mirrors after a few minutes have a feel of them lovely and warm, the ice /snow just falls off!

COME ON FORD SHAPE YOUR SELVES!!

Got to agree with you on the heated seats side of your story, but i find my edge heats up quite quick and heated screen melted the snow off within a few minutes. Was wondering if your front grill shutters are working ? these shut off untill the engine warms to the right temp then opens, just a thought.

My heated seats warm up very quickly indeed but I have the cloth seats rather than leather. No issues with front screen or heater. 

On 13/12/2017 at 11:12 PM, Tanisla2 said:

As winter has finally desended on us well it has in Stockport I’m not very impressed with the Ford Edges Heating.

1.  As there’s no auxiliary heater (this is mentioned in the book so it is available in some markets (Canada probably)) to warm up the engine cooling system it takes miles ( most people in ice weather take it easy when driving) before the heater becomes a heater.  Agree to a degree. Mine takes about 4 miles at close to zero air temp to start to warm up.

2 The heated leather seats take along time to warm up they never get comfortably warm/ hot. Definitely don't agree with this. Mine have to be turned down to low very soon after switch on or they are far too hot.

3 The front screen even though heated via elements embedded in the glass are very slow in raising the temperature to melt a covering of frost, suspect it would never melt snow. It's not designed to melt snow! Pg 117 of the manual "thin ice and fog". It is nearly as fast as both my previous Mondeos at melting frost.

4 Doesn’t appear to have heated washer nozzles so even with a higher concentrate of washer fluid in the washer tank it fails to spray. Mine does.

After owning a  51 plate Ford Galaxy that didn’t have these problems I’m a little disappointed, I’m sure it must get colder in Canada the home of the Ford Edge.

Next time it’s cold put your heated rear screen on and if you’ve got heated mirrors after a few minutes have a feel of them lovely and warm, the ice /snow just falls off!

COME ON FORD SHAPE YOUR SELVES!!

See bold text above, you might have a couple of things that need looking at.

• 1 month later...

Mines going in next week! It takes 15 minutes to clear a frosty windscreen, then I have to use a spray. If its frosty the auto lights dont work. Also car is slow to heat, seat are quick.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club