Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need advice on headlight upgrade please :(

ThePowster

Hey guys.

OK long story short.. I jump started me bros car yesterday and in doing so left hand main bulb blown and right hand side light blown, went to Halfords to buy new bulbs, came back, removed light fitting and could I hell get the sidelight bulb out, manual says twist clockwise, I did, nothing happened, I got some pliers on it, kept twisting and snap, so inside the headlight the thing that holds the sidelight bulb in place has snapped off and its loose.

Went to the osr drivers side headlight same issue, this would not come out so I just left it, went to change the headlight bulb and the plastic connector that holds the bulb snapped as it came off and a bit fell on floor.

Am totally fed up, the bulb is held in place with a bit of glue, but imagine being on motorway at night, hit a bump in road I could end up with no headlight at all, so I need a new set.

Not prepared to go through this palava in future with another set with the same issues I would like to replace with an aftermarket set that has none of these problems.

So... (pant, pant)... can anyone recommend a set of headlights for 2009 1.6 TDCi Focus, cheap as possible please, I would prefer DLR lights or LED or something that isn't like the original because that was a total pain to work on and I aint prepared to do that again.

God am stressed.

Many thanks in advance peeps.

The sidelight holder is daft, thin plastic isn't strong enough to twist from the top, snapped mine a couple of years ago as well, but haven't really thought about it since the initial annoyance, its not like I need to be changing bulbs often.

Tbh, I'd just get a used replacement OS from a breakers for the main beam issue, aftermarket lights tend to be even worse in terms of build quality, I've had a few on previous cars.

• Like 2

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club