Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Car light issue/inconvenience

TerTer

Hi,

I have an issue with my Ford Fiesta 2013 Facelift lamps. From headlamps are aftermarket with Leds, bought car with it.

So lights have day lights, i turn on ignition Led's turn on all good. But when i want to turn on night lamps for dark i need to turn that manually on. When i turn off ignition, but leave night lamps on, lamps do not turn off completely. I even can lock car, but lamps stay on. Front and back. What i would like and whats works in my other car Ford Focus is that even when switch is turned on to light up night lamps, when i turn off ignition it turns off all lamps. I would love that in my Fiesta, is there a possibility to do that or i need to live with the inconvenience with needing to turn on and off the night lamps always? Issue i drive a lot at dark times, so need it. :(

You say you need it, but it's not really that hard to flick a switch each time lol. In my Fiesta if I leave the lights on they go off when I turn the ignition off. The car still bleeps at me to say I've left them switched on when I open the door though.

Theoretically It's possible to make them turn off with the ignition by adding a relay that is wired to go to ignition live, headlight switch, headlights and ground. It should really do that by itself. However as cars are so full of electrics that need to talk to each other, I'm not sure if it would break anything else.

Which spec is the car?  Titanium has automatic lights as standard, but no others in the UK spec.  

Some specs have "follow me home" lighting, that turns off after a delay of about 30 - 60seconds. Do you have that? 

It's an Titanium, but don't see A character on light switch. Fallow me home, good question if i have it or not, car was used so don't know specifics and did not left them when car beeped when i leave lights on and turn off ignition and open doors. 

Were can i check if car has fallow me home by vin? Is there a free site for it?

@Luke4efc

I say i need it, because it works that way in my Focus and don't want to forget to turn on the switch. Turn off yes there is a reminder with beep, but to turn on there is none :(

1 hour ago, TerTer said:

It's an Titanium, but don't see A character on light switch. Fallow me home, good question if i have it or not, car was used so don't know specifics and did not left them when car beeped when i leave lights on and turn off ignition and open doors. 

Were can i check if car has fallow me home by vin? Is there a free site for it?

@Luke4efc

I say i need it, because it works that way in my Focus and don't want to forget to turn on the switch. Turn off yes there is a reminder with beep, but to turn on there is none :(

Is the car a UK spec?  I ask as your location says non-UK?

Titanium should have auto lights, on the Fiesta the symbol is the furthest one around the dial, picture of a bulb with a small 'A' inside it.

Non uk. As far as i know it's Italian spec.

There is no AutoLight automatic, checked light switch.

Ah ok, different countries have different specs.  You might find you already have the wiring in place for the genuine windscreen sensor.  But it would require a new screen with sensor mount and obviously the switch with auto function as well.

There are also aftermarket kits for auto lights, seem to remember Valeo make one.  Not sure how complicated they are to install though.