Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine Oil Confusion Mk3 1.6 tdci

Albert27

Getting ready to service and getting totally confused as to which oil i need.  The book says Castrol and Ford engine oil.   I just want one that will do the job at a good price.  Any recommendation?  Or should i go with their suggestion. Also I'm seeing 'stop/start' oils, C3, C2 ....i just don't get it.  It's 2014 Mk3 1.6 TDCi.

Would this do?  It doesn't mention being suitable for Ford though.....      https://www.eurocarparts.com/ecp/p/car-accessories/engine-oils-and-car-fluids/engineoils/5w30-engine-oil/?521776061&0&cc5_247&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3M7k48GR2AIVQecbCh2yXAl4EAQYAiABEgJ32PD_BwE

Cheers!

hi dave a5 Castrol is what you need. but if you want to save bit of money eurocarparts own brand is fine and £20 with xmas discount )TRIPLE QX Engine oil (Fully Synthetic (For Ford applications) Engine oil - 5W-30 - 5ltr)Product Code : 521776071 or Shell Engine oil (Helix Ultra Professional AF Engine Oil - 5W-30 - 5ltr)Product Code: 521772611 £24.

or even cheaper at Halfords there still banging out 4ltr for £15 http://www.halfords.com/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/engine-oil/halfords-5w30-ford-fully-synthetic-motor-oil-4l-limited-edition

have used tham all and no probs with any matey

while your getting gear ready for service. halfprice oil filters at eurocarparts  Bosch oil Filter Product Code: 501545127 £4.94 i just got stocked up with these yesterday as didn`t find them cheaper anywhere else :smile:

• Like 1

Cheers Andy, would that triple qx one be ok with dpf?  Is it a low saps oil?Doesn't seem to say.  I have to say i tempted to go with Castrol.  Where would i get that at best price?

11 minutes ago, Albert27 said:

Cheers Andy, would that triple qx one be ok with dpf?  Is it a low saps oil?Doesn't seem to say.  I have to say i tempted to go with castrol.  Where would i get that at best price?

triple qx is fine its not low saps either. have used it in my last oil change and i change mine twice a year :smile: asda were doing Castrol a5 last week £23 best price

Castrol Magnatec Stop-Start A5 Engine oil - 5W-30 - 4ltrProduct Code: 521773421 £27.59 at eurocarparts

1 minute ago, andypsp said:

triple qx is fine its not low saps either

Is low saps esssential if it meets the spec?  I checked the Halfords one and it is the exact right spec oil and at that price I'll go for it.  Thanks!  I just don't get all the dpf/low saps/start stop etc....confuses me!

3 minutes ago, Albert27 said:

Is low saps esssential if it meets the spec?  I checked the halfords one and it is the exact right spec oil and at that price I'll go for it.  Thanks!  I just don't get all the dpf/low saps/start stop etc....confuses me!

low saps is not for our grade oil, its c3 etc. just remember the ford specs are...

API SM CF
ILSAC GF-4
ACEA A1 B1 or A5 B5
Meets Fords WSS-M2C-913-C, WSS-M2C-913-B,WSS-M2C-913-A, WSS-M2C-913-D

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Is the above oil ok for 2014 1.6 tdci? Just got one and want to service it to peace of mind 

Is the above oil ok for 2014 1.6 tdci? Just got one and want to service it to peace of mind 

If you want genuine I just got this for my 2013, https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362104075189 and the oil filter cartridge https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362102175375 should be the same but if your unsure drop them a message with your reg number and they will tell you. 

If you have a look through their other items I am pretty sure I saw a full service kit, all genuine parts

Edit If you are comparing prices the eBay if 5L others sell 4L

• Like 1

Use the real stuff as said above:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/362104075189?mkevt=1&mkcid=1&mkrid=710-53481-19255-0&campid=5336640302&toolid=10001&customid=2061X563692X20826cb203f8d2a19c4444a3dda129d1

Can also be bought online from Arnold Clarke Ford, same price.

Watch out some are selling only 4 litres and you will need almost the full 5 litres if you do an oil filter change.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club