• Get Your Club gear
      Get Your Club gear
    • Share Your Car Experience
      Share Your Car Experience
    • Huge Range of Ford Parts
      Huge Range of Ford Parts
    • 1000's Of Fords For Sale
      1000's Of Fords For Sale
    • Join Premium & Save
      Join Premium & Save
    • Savings Up to 15% Off For Members
      Savings Up to 15% Off For Members


F0CUE

Near 10 year old battery.

Recommended Posts

During my M.O.T I was advised my battery was needing renewed and also it's the original that came with the car near 10 years that has Lasted! So if you need a new battery find out the Oem ones.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Yep I know but have had issues with it was waiting on g/f listening to radio and had to bump start so defo needs renewed :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

fitted a new batt last week in my old 9yr focus (that now belongs to my partner) batt was the original ford one still in car from 2008.

picked mine up from eurocarparts £43 with discount. fitted in 20mins works like new again :smile:

Lion battery (075 battery - 3 Year Guarantee)Product Code: 444770751

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

had to bump start

Thats a no-no on a petrol engine, neat petrol likely to get into the cat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, eddie eastwood said:

Thats a no-no on a petrol engine, neat petrol likely to get into the cat

You could say the same about jump starting a car isn't a good idea but it gets done thousands of times a day I bet without issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, andypsp said:

fitted a new batt last week in my old 9yr focus (that now belongs to my partner) batt was the original ford one still in car from 2008.

picked mine up from eurocarparts £43 with discount. fitted in 20mins works like new again :smile:

Lion battery (075 battery - 3 Year Guarantee)Product Code: 444770751

Cheers will check it out. Looks awkward where it's located guess the airbox will need out the way first 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, F0CUE said:

Cheers will check it out. Looks awkward where it's located guess the airbox will need out the way first 

As long as its not much longer than the original it'll go in at a slight diagonal. You can pull the plastic sides free for more access

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, F0CUE said:

Cheers will check it out. Looks awkward where it's located guess the airbox will need out the way first 

looks harder than it is, just 4 nuts to undo pull the plastic trim off and unclip the batt cables and move to 1 side. then just slide old batt out and new one in and tighten everything back up and away you go. make sure you have the radio keycode to re-enter aswell :smile:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, andypsp said:
8 hours ago, Micro said:

As long as its not much longer than the original it'll go in at a slight diagonal. You can pull the plastic sides free for more access

 

4 hours ago, andypsp said:

looks harder than it is, just 4 nuts to undo pull the plastic trim off and unclip the batt cables and move to 1 side. then just slide old batt out and new one in and tighten everything back up and away you go. make sure you have the radio keycode to re-enter aswell :smile:

Thanks guys puts my mind to rest stereo is aftermarket so just retuned and relearn mode of ecu.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now