Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Oil or diesel leak

Ptek2004

I have the 1.4tdci duratorq engine and standing in front of car looking at engine the rear left is wet top to bottom also with spray/splatter onto brake servo and pipes. Assuming its oil but pipes are ok. Could it be diesel. The injector seal area is a little gunky but dry. Any ideas where its coming from? Where to look? Is it worth removing rocker cover checking the orings on manifold. Also when driving i get a faint smell of exhaust only when windows open. When i stop i get a small wiff of diesel 

Interesting taking pictures into manifold from them pipes and spotted this rather wet patch 

20171221_131818-2064x1548.jpg

Still hard to say but I think that's oil rather than diesel.  The diesel isn't under pressure at that point, so you'd get air sucked in and running issues if you had a leak around the hand pump there.

I would suggest a boost leak somewhere around the manifold, boost pipe and metal EGR pipe.  You can take the whole airbox off the top quite easily, that might give you a better look to see where its coming from.

Hi thanks running is ok but i do have a loud whoosh when accelerating. All pipes are ok. Im thinking of removing rocker manifold to investigate. Im guessing where ever the hissing is coming coming is pushing it out to the pipes.

On 22/12/2017 at 1:22 PM, TomsFocus said:

Still hard to say but I think that's oil rather than diesel.  The diesel isn't under pressure at that point, so you'd get air sucked in and running issues if you had a leak around the hand pump there.

I would suggest a boost leak somewhere around the manifold, boost pipe and metal EGR pipe.  You can take the whole airbox off the top quite easily, that might give you a better look to see where its coming from.

So took manifold off and think I have found source of leak and whoosh. The rubber oring in that corner is buggered. Pic attached. Gonna clean put back together will let you know if fixed. 

20171228_121227-2064x1548.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

its fixed. was just the rubber

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club