Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Worth Upgrading Stereo Head Unit? (6000 CD)

Dankest

Hi all,

I am thinking about swapping out the head unit to something with a bit more punch and clarity (if this is possible). With the stock audio system, the audio gets very distorted on higher volumes when using the aux (i don't listen to the radio). Also the built in aux port has alot of wear and can cut out depending on how i position the 3.5mm jack.

My insurer (co-op young drivers) said swapping out the head unit doesn't count as a modification, only if i add an amp or change the Speakers is it then considered a vehicle mod. So i want to swap out the existing Ford 6000 CD to something a bit better, which includes bluetooth and a USB port for charging. Will changing the head unit to something more premium improve the audio clarity and volume? Any suggestions?

I found that the 6000 cd outputs 20w per channel after some googling. Do you think it is worth my time upgrading the head unit?

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated,

Thanks

(My car: Ford Fiesta Zetec Climate 1.25 2008)

If you're getting distortion on the aux input, make sure the volume on the device sending isn't too low or too high - 50-75% on the device playing the audio normally suffices then use the radio volume to control volume from there. If i turned my mobile up to 100% I would get horrendous distortion.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club