Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power steering problem ??

buckleup

I thought Id posted this one recently...but cant find it !

The steering on my 04 1.4 petrol Fiesta Zetec doesnt feel right or positive any more, this in the last couple of months. The only clues Ive had is when turning the steering wheel smartly to a full lock I feel a sudden resistance which passes almost immediatly. The steering some times feels like it has a mind of its own...I know its sounds daft but its like all of a sudden I can feel all the ruts in the road. I have good tyres and the steering geometry has been checked at Fords recently. I can only think its the power steering but the fluid is at the correct level with no visible leaks. Any ideas before I go back to Fords once again. John.

Im not to familiar with the older Fiesta's its not fuse related is it?

If Not id take it to Ford to see what they make of it, you maybe able to take it to a bog standard garage. Ford will change through the roof I bet.

hi

i had a similar problem on my 54 plate ghia turning the wheel one way had resistance, to find one of my rubber boots had busted and was causing my problem, hope this is of any help and you get sorted :)

• 2 weeks later...

hi

i had a similar problem on my 54 plate ghia turning the wheel one way had resistance, to find one of my rubber boots had busted and was causing my problem, hope this is of any help and you get sorted :)

Thanks for the replies I didnt think that a 2004 Fiesta was that out of date mechanically. Im intrigued by the 'fuse' suggestion.

I still have the problem, one suggestion is a slipping Power steering pump belt but I would have thought the Ford mechanics would have picked that up when they checked the steering recently . John.

Thanks for the replies I didnt think that a 2004 Fiesta was that out of date mechanically. Im intrigued by the 'fuse' suggestion.

I still have the problem, one suggestion is a slipping Power steering pump belt but I would have thought the Ford mechanics would have picked that up when they checked the steering recently . John.

Don't the older fiestas have hydraulically operated power steering? I think the Mk 7 is the first to have electric power steering...

Don't the older fiestas have hydraulically operated power steering? I think the Mk 7 is the first to have electric power steering...

I can confirm that this is indeed true

• 9 years later...

i have a friend who is having steering problems with her 56 plate   fiesta zetec diesel,  sometimes the power steering becomes very heavy ,then when she turns the engine of and back on again it goes back to normal ,any suggestions please 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club