Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tyre time.

Phil21185

27 minutes ago, Dave1981 said:

Haha haha of all place kwikfit!! Ordered online. As much as I don't like the company price was a bargain. 

205/55/16

lets hope they don`t tell you that you need new pads and discs once they get your tyres off  lol :blink:

5 minutes ago, andypsp said:

lets hope they don`t tell you that you need new pads and discs once they get your tyres off  lol :blink:

This was 18mth ago when I got car.. I was expecting it tho tbh I know what they r like but I'd changed all discs an pads to Brembos by then.. Only. Just about trust them to do tyres, definitely not trusted to do brakes! 

Ahh yeah contact5s are a similar price for that size. Just 10mm wider doubles the price sadly...

Lol, skimping on tyres is a mug's game, no other component effects, performance, cornering and braking as much, also have all 4 tyres the same so the car does the same thing at both ends

Those no brand Chinese makes make have the same ratings but look to real-world tests and you can see you are losing something like 3 cars lengths of braking at 70mph, that's a huge safety margin your throwing away. Plus of course, they don't rate, turn in, over/under steer, torque steer, tramlining and all the other bits that make up a tyres handlings. plenty of vids on the tube show the difference

Currently running GoodYear Eagle3 Assymetrics on mine, Very happy with them. Better turn in and cornering grip by far than the original conti's, and still work at 0C whereas the contis needed to be at 7C to do anything. predictable on ice and snow as well

Ignore the economy rating, things with good economy run harder compounds to get that and hence loose grip

• Like 2

On 01/01/2018 at 12:57 AM, wilto said:

They can't be that bad at 70 mph, like I said earlier, in this day and age unless you got a high performance car, that you drive like you've stole it, what's the point in £100 tyres, I really don't get it 🤔

Quite often the reviews turn out to be AS good as the LEADING brands.

Because "better" tyres will likely not only last longer, but their performance won't fall off so markedly as they wear.  I'm tight as a Scottish virgin, but I never skimp on tyres, brakes or condoms.

• Like 1

There's very little difference between premium tyres, you'd normally have to split hairs when it comes to the performance between them, whatever the premium brand they are. However there is a big performance difference between a premium tyre and  "stick the cheapest tyre you got on there mate". Whatever tyre you choose, make sure you check the date of manufacture that is printed on the side.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Found uniroyal rainsport's to be good for 'summer' (?) tyres and the Vredestein winter extremes for, urm, winter.

I used or still havs them on my phase 1 st225 alloys .rainsport 3 on front & rainsport on rear. But they are noisy especially rainsport 2 . Thought it was bearing at first & had it checked out. But its road noise. Dont take road noise as lightly cos you will get fed up over time.
I think in order of importance for top rating
is
A. Grip
B. Noise db
C. Fuel efficiency.
As for fuel , well if you have a high performace car you are more likely to throttle it more often & often forget fuel economy.
I also reccomend Pirelli p zero with top rating.

Yunii3c9d59ec83801bbab7c2b8899d4b8f1c.jpgf8b8fd975cdd5dcd7b52c116b2ab9915.jpg

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club