Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bonnet release problem asap mot due

Skybanger

Hey everyone 

I no there is a perfect very informative guide but the pictures won't load up for me.

I need to get my bonnet open been trying following various guides and pictures but nothing seems to work.

My current state is I have removed the rubber grommet and been trying to apply pressure via a 450mm straight screwdriver. 

I'm not having any luck at all can anyone think of anything I am missing or upload pics of where I need to apply pressure I have tried all around the white plastic around the black rubber one 

Any advice much appreciated. Driving around unable to use screen wash is getting dangerous now and mot due next week.

If you link us the guide I might be able to reupload the pictures for you.

2 hours ago, Skybanger said:

Hey everyone 

I no there is a perfect very informative guide but the pictures won't load up for me.

I need to get my bonnet open been trying following various guides and pictures but nothing seems to work.

My current state is I have removed the rubber grommet and been trying to apply pressure via a 450mm straight screwdriver. 

I'm not having any luck at all can anyone think of anything I am missing or upload pics of where I need to apply pressure I have tried all around the white plastic around the black rubber one 

Any advice much appreciated. Driving around unable to use screen wash is getting dangerous now and mot due next week.

With the long screwdriver pressing the top part of the white plastic - turn the key in the lock at same time  did it for me.

• Like 1

Tred that looks like a garage job and replacement part

Luke : Had the same problem on the previous Focus2.  Bashing the screwdriver didn't work so it was a case of sawing out the grill followed by careful persuasion with a hammer and chisel and the original mech was re-used.  I therefore have a new lock mechanism going spare if you want it. You would have to assemble the fiddly bits and pieces to fit your key.

I had to pull out the grill as well, but managed it by cutting out the plastic lugs holding it in place instead of the grill itself and then I undid the latch mechanism bolts to lift the bonnet.  I didn't bother refitting the lock and now just use a screwdriver adapter through the grill whenever I need to open it - there is a thread on here somewhere if you do a search that explains it all, including a very useful video put up by someone else. 

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club