Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Blower fan problem

Focus-Jonny

I have a mk1 1999 focus, no aircon. the other day when i was out driving i had the blower on, i turned it off for a while and about 10mins later went to switch it back on and nothing happened. It doesnt work on any setting. Ive looked up the owners manual and replaced the fuse for the blower in the glove compartment fuse box but still no luck, anyother suggestions To try on how to fix this? Or is it a replacement blower motor job?

Thanks in advance :)

I have a mk1 1999 focus, no aircon. the other day when i was out driving i had the blower on, i turned it off for a while and about 10mins later went to switch it back on and nothing happened. It doesnt work on any setting. Ive looked up the owners manual and replaced the fuse for the blower in the glove compartment fuse box but still no luck, anyother suggestions To try on how to fix this? Or is it a replacement blower motor job?

Thanks in advance :)

I had a similar problem with my old fiesta. Not sure if it's the same, but the fiesta had a key wire for the blowers run under the carpet in the passenger footwell. Not the best idea as it happened time to time that the wire (which had a join in it) came apart so you had to fiddle around to get it back together. Have a look there and see if that's happened. It was to the right of the passenger footwell.

I had a similar problem with my old fiesta. Not sure if it's the same, but the fiesta had a key wire for the blowers run under the carpet in the passenger footwell. Not the best idea as it happened time to time that the wire (which had a join in it) came apart so you had to fiddle around to get it back together. Have a look there and see if that's happened. It was to the right of the passenger footwell.

either the blower motor or its the realy should be in the book which relay it is failing that the solenoid on the blower

Well i have checked the fuses so far in the glove compartment and engine bay, all are fine none blown. Which relays work the blower fan? I havnt got aircon. Would the resistor pack be the problem? I have herd that setting 4 on the switch is a direct feed to the motor, however blower still doesnt work on that setting. Im just trying to elimate all possible causes before forking out for a new motor unit,

Thanks, oh and one more thing how do u change a resistor they dnt pull out like fuses do they?

If i drop my glovebox door down i can see a big black plastic clyinder, when i push the recirc air button a shutter closes at the top of it. Is that the blower motor? Any ideas on how to remove that?

thanks

If i drop my glovebox door down i can see a big black plastic clyinder, when i push the recirc air button a shutter closes at the top of it. Is that the blower motor? Any ideas on how to remove that?

thanks

have you tried the resistor first?

have you tried the resistor first?

im not sure were it is located or what it looks like is it near the motor? Thanks for the reply artscot thought i was on a dead link there

I think i vaguely remember that the resistor is bolted on to or next to the fan unit itself...but dont quote me on that. Thats the first thing i'd try changing....but you may aswell buy a complete fan and resistor from a scrap yard as its not worth the hassle changing just the resistor. As for relays....they very rarely go down so personally i wouldnt bother with that...but if you wish to test it then find which one it is get someone to put their ear right next to the relay and switch the fan on and off in the car and they should her it click.

• 4 weeks later...

Well just to wrap this one up guys, took the car up to an autospark yesterday and got a ring to say that it was the dial on the dash board! What a relief I thot it was gona have to be an expensive motor replacement, the guy opened up the switch to find the plastic had melted onto the circut preventing an electrical connection. It's good to have clear windows again lol so hopfuly this might help someone else in my shoes :)

thanks for all your help on this one guys! Case closed (finally)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club