Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sony Head unit radio code

raggamuffin

Is there anyone on here with access to radio codes? My son had his 2007 Focus in at a local garage for a new clutch in December and they disconnected the battery obviously but we don't have the code for the standard Sony head unit. They took the serial numbers from the head unit display before Christmas and just phoned me back today with a 4 digit code which the unit isn't accepting. I'm getting it in the ear now as he's had no stereo for two weeks. Help. lol

Ford dealership.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, raggamuffin said:

...just phoned me back today with a 4 digit code which the unit isn't accepting. 

I'm not familiar with the stereo in the Focus, but is there an 'enter' key that you need to press after entering the code? For example, on old Fords you would use the radio preset numbers to change each digit from 1-4 and then press 5 to confirm/enter.

If still no joy then a Ford dealer should be able to help for a fee.

47 minutes ago, Frembrit said:

I'm not familiar with the stereo in the Focus, but is there an 'enter' key that you need to press after entering the code? For example, on old Fords you would use the radio preset numbers to change each digit from 1-4 and then press 5 to confirm/enter.

If still no joy then a Ford dealer should be able to help for a fee.

It's one of the posher Sony units Ford fitted as standard equipment in the 2007 Focus. It has 10 radio presets, so you enter the code number using the correct digit rather than having to scan through buttons 1, 2, 3 and 4. You then press the button in the middle of the circular function switch to enter the code. All very simple, supposedly. lol

My local Ford dealership wants rather a lot of money to recode it Stoney871 and won't give me the code unless they enter it first, which whiffs a bit of extortion to me. By 'rather a lot of money' I mean I could replace the head unit with a higher power Sony CD unit from Halfords and have £35 change to buy a surround for the dash. Daylight robbery. Unfortunately my son has Aspergers Syndrome and likes the head unit already in place, so fixing it is the preferred choice. Like I have a choice. lol

I think I'll just drop the car off at the garage who did the clutch and tell them to fix it. It worked fine when it went into them and common sense would surely have been to put a code saver in the car cigarette lighter before disconnecting the battery? I paid £300 to get the clutch done, so don't see why I should have to Shell out another £85 for a problem that wasn't there when the car went in to them.

Thanks for the help peeps. Much appreciated.

Hmm, cost me £10 for the code for the stereo in my old ST24.

My dads old MK1 Focus had the radio code on a sticker stuck above the glove box. (open glove box door and look up) worth a look?

Other option is via eBay.
You need a V code.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

I thought it would be £10 or £20 for the code from Ford but the dealership are insisting they enter it and charge £85 for code plus install, which is a bit much for a couple of minutes work all in. I just put the phone down on them. Seriously I'd stick a new head unit in rather than give a dealership that much for a code and pressing 5 buttons. I've sent the V serial number code to one of these internet decoding places, hopefully they will come up with the correct security code.

Sorted. Got code from Jonjoe Ltd. £8.99. Bargain. Took all of five minutes including going out to the car to install it. Brilliant service.

Got the cost breakdown by email from Ford dealer earlier. Very efficient of them as I haven't used the garage for at least a year. Guess my phone number and email are still on file then and someone has sales targets to meet? 

£23 for code + £45 for install + vat. Total £85.

Do I want to book the car in for the work? Er, that'll be a no. lol

Thanks again to all for the suggestions. T'interweb to the rescue again.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club