Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Full Light Upgrade from CEUK.

Hey all, I just wanted to know if anyone else has purchased the mk7.5 fiesta upgrade kit from CEUK? (bulb DRL/Main Beam) not the LED strip?

https://www.carenhancementsuk.co.uk/collections/x-ceuk-lighting-full-kits/products/mk7-5-fiesta-full-kit-bulb-drl-main-beam

(^^ that one to be exact)

Reason I ask, I've just installed mine and the light output is terrible! Especially on my h7 dipped beams. From a side view I barely noticed the dome illuminated and the led side lights actually shine brighter over it. DRLs are also very dim although that's not really an issue.

And the main beam I feel is how the dipped beam should be projecting!

Driving along this morning around 7am it just felt like I was driving on DRLs and not the dipped beam, quite concerning and no doubt probably pretty dangerous.

Anyone else had this issue or am I just being an idiot? [emoji23]

Have you got the LED or Halogen version?

LED’s will project shorter distances however it sounds like you may have a bulb issue if the visibility is as poor as you feel it is. 

Have you got the LED or Halogen version?
LED’s will project shorter distances however it sounds like you may have a bulb issue if the visibility is as poor as you feel it is. 

Halogen versions of drl / main beam and dipped. Side light is LED.
The standard bulbs I had in before were fine, no issues at all. This is why I'm confused.

I had the same problem with the ones from Autobeam, upgraded all my lights to LED apart from the H7 dipped beams and the H15 DRL/Main beams which are halogens and they were dismal, took my car for a spin on my break during work one morning to test the new lights and couldn't see a thing on the dark roads.

I ended up taking the dipped beam ones out and replacing them with Phillips X-treme vision. Not managed to find any better H15 ones though

I had the same problem with the ones from Autobeam, upgraded all my lights to LED apart from the H7 dipped beams and the H15 DRL/Main beams which are halogens and they were dismal, took my car for a spin on my break during work one morning to test the new lights and couldn't see a thing on the dark roads.
I ended up taking the dipped beam ones out and replacing them with Phillips X-treme vision. Not managed to find any better H15 ones though

Yeah it's crazy. I was actually looking at the same bulbs on euro car parts. But I just spoke to the owner at CEUK and he was explaining about the projection in the mk7.5 lights being a bit iffy for the h7 halogens. Very apologetic about the issues I've had and just sorted me a deal on LED upgrades with the larger caps as a good will gesture. So I retract my statement about their customer service being a bit poor haha.

I'll let you know how I get on with them. Should be fitting them Thursday.
Fingers crossed they actually work!

6 minutes ago, Loftie12 said:

Yeah it's crazy. I was actually looking at the same bulbs on euro car parts. But I just spoke to the owner at CEUK and he was explaining about the projection in the mk7.5 lights being a bit iffy for the h7 halogens. Very apologetic about the issues I've had and just sorted me a deal on LED upgrades with the larger caps as a good will gesture. So I retract my statement about their customer service being a bit poor haha.

I'll let you know how I get on with them. Should be fitting them Thursday.
Fingers crossed they actually work!

It took me ages to get a reply from Autobeam, told them of my issues with the bulbs, they eventually asked if I wanted to return them but by this time I had accidentally damaged them getting them back out. I had ordered the H7 LED unit (with the rubber caps) from them too, the site said they were out of stock but arrived at my house a week later, by then I had already fitted my Phillips ones which were great and I couldn't be bothered to try them :/

It took me ages to get a reply from Autobeam, told them of my issues with the bulbs, they eventually asked if I wanted to return them but by this time I had accidentally damaged them getting them back out. I had ordered the H7 LED unit (with the rubber caps) from them too, the site said they were out of stock but arrived at my house a week later, by then I had already fitted my Phillips ones which were great and I couldn't be bothered to try them :/

Yeah there are a lot of mixed reviews on the LEDs I've just noticed, so I'm actually in two minds of even fitting them now to be honest. But hey if I decide against them I can always sell them. Your kinda selling the Phillips ones to me now, so they give a nice ice white glow? And brighter than the standard halogen?

20 minutes ago, Loftie12 said:

Yeah there are a lot of mixed reviews on the LEDs I've just noticed, so I'm actually in two minds of even fitting them now to be honest. But hey if I decide against them I can always sell them. Your kinda selling the Phillips ones to me now, so they give a nice ice white glow? And brighter than the standard halogen?

When I bought my car it just had the Phillips standard bulbs in which had a yellow tint to it. The X-treme ones give a nice white glow as well as being bright on the road, I was wary about them fitting nicely with my LED side lights as the LED's would be a lot whiter but I think they look alright together

You can get Phillips white vision bulbs which are more white but I don't think they light up the road as much then you have the Racing Vision ones which again give a nice white glow but are alot brighter than the X-treme therefore have a smaller bulb lifetime

https://www.philips.co.uk/c-m-au/car-lights/headlight-bulbs/halogen

That link shows you all the different types. Obviously other people will have a different opinion based on what they use but that's just what I've found based on a bit of research :)

When I bought my car it just had the Phillips standard bulbs in which had a yellow tint to it. The X-treme ones give a nice white glow as well as being bright on the road, I was wary about them fitting nicely with my LED side lights as the LED's would be a lot whiter but I think they look alright together
You can get Phillips white vision bulbs which are more white but I don't think they light up the road as much then you have the Racing Vision ones which again give a nice white glow but are alot brighter than the X-treme therefore have a smaller bulb lifetime
https://www.philips.co.uk/c-m-au/car-lights/headlight-bulbs/halogen
That link shows you all the different types. Obviously other people will have a different opinion based on what they use but that's just what I've found based on a bit of research :)

Nice one bud, appreciate it. I'll have a look.

I've been hearing good things about the Phillips xtreme vision. I'd agree with @AdamF89about the other philips bulbs. I'd of thought having LEDs in a projector housing would give a good throw of light including having a good beam pattern. 

I can vouch for the X-tremeVisions too, they look great, I posted some pictures here.

Heres just a few lights I got from autobeam. Got led brake / sidelights, premium indicators (highly recommend), reverse lights and halo sidelights and indicator. The halos I've begun to stick on my fogs so will see when I can wire it in. 

DSC_0058.JPG

DSC_0088.JPG

DSC_0149.JPG

Appreciate the posts guys. LEDs are coming in the post today but I might just send them back and go for the xtreme visions.
Was testing my lights again last night and one of my fogs blew after being on for 1 minute!
Not a happy chappy.
Even had my misses in the car and she said "are your lights on!?" just goes to show how dim they are!
Nothing but hassle with this kit I got!

38 minutes ago, Loftie12 said:

Appreciate the posts guys. LEDs are coming in the post today but I might just send them back and go for the xtreme visions.
Was testing my lights again last night and one of my fogs blew after being on for 1 minute!
Not a happy chappy.
Even had my misses in the car and she said "are your lights on!?" just goes to show how dim they are!
Nothing but hassle with this kit I got!

Definitely sounds like you got a duff kit. Now I've slated Autobeam in the past due to their price and a couple of other factors, however if you want white crystal light, then they do the job. They may not go as far as Halogens but they look the business and the DRL's do look good. If you want any photos I'm happy to provide. 

Definitely sounds like you got a duff kit. Now I've slated Autobeam in the past due to their price and a couple of other factors, however if you want white crystal light, then they do the job. They may not go as far as Halogens but they look the business and the DRL's do look good. If you want any photos I'm happy to provide. 

I will admit without trying to sound like a cheapskate, I added a full kit to check out on autobeam for them to then whack on vat and delivery which totaled a crazy amount! If you could drop some photos that would be great. I took some pictures of mine but the camera on my phone didn't do much justice with regards to what I actually see with my eyes.

1 hour ago, Loftie12 said:

I will admit without trying to sound like a cheapskate, I added a full kit to check out on autobeam for them to then whack on vat and delivery which totaled a crazy amount! If you could drop some photos that would be great. I took some pictures of mine but the camera on my phone didn't do much justice with regards to what I actually see with my eyes.

I think it's a sale tactic they use so whenever someone puts everything in the basket in excitement and see the delivery and vat added someone may just think well I'd just get it. 

I've been using the discount code SIGNUP10 for 10% off and that's been working on all the orders I've made. There's a guy on YouTube who installed autobeams ambient ring kit 2 and he gave discount code ASH12 for 12% off. 

I think it's a sale tactic they use so whenever someone puts everything in the basket in excitement and see the delivery and vat added someone may just think well I'd just get it. 
I've been using the discount code SIGNUP10 for 10% off and that's been working on all the orders I've made. There's a guy on YouTube who installed autobeams ambient ring kit 2 and he gave discount code ASH12 for 12% off. 

Think I've seen a couple of his vids actually.

Another question, since changing the bulbs (and replacing the rubber caps) I'm now getting a build up of condensation in the lights. To get rid of it I've been taking the caps off and leaving them off after driving but the putting them back on before I set off again. Still getting a build up though. Any advice on how to stop it?

OK guys I think I may have jumped feet first in the deep end without researching. (school boy error I know)

What are peoples views on LED lights?
Legality, damaging the headlights, heat, light output etc.

Mine have come in the post but I'm really in two minds of fitting them. Alot of views online about being illegal etc. My mk7.5 has the projectors which people have said stop the dazzling, but im still dubious of fitting for the legal reason etc.
Also got my MOT end of this month and if the LEDs were in would that then be a fail?

I'm really thinking I should maybe just go for some phillips xtreme vision 130 and just make do with that?

@Loftie12

Ok - I'll put the photos of my AutoBeam LED H11 and H7 below, but regarding legality etc as this was a super hot topic for me when I jumped in and bought them.

MOT - I had my MOT this week, left the LED's in, worst comes to the worse I put halogens back in. MOT results = full pass, no advisories, no nothing. People at garage didn't even mention lights. Bear in mind this was at a main dealer garage, not a dodgy one, however all garages are different.

Light Output - Immense output close to the vehicle, however I will hold my hand up and say that for long distance lighting, they aren't as good. So if you want to see half a mile down the road with headlights, don't get LED's.

Legality - its a grey area, however it does technically sway towards the more illegal side of things. However, I have driven past plenty of police cars, and have never had anything raised about it. I'm of the view that they'll only get looked into if you're doing something else wrong. So many cars nowadays have LED white lights, it's near impossible to tell what cars should and shouldn't have them provided they're lined up etc. 

Damaging headlights - No damage to mine done at all, they fit in the spacing's without issue. 

Dazzling - never been flashed, bear in mind I've had them installed for about 5 months now, so I can only assume they do not dazzle. 

Heat: They don't generate heat like halogens at the bulb, they have a heatsink, which deals with the heat fine. Again, never had an issue and I travel for a multiple hours with lights on.

Any other questions please ask. Photo below (I'll try and get some more up later) 

My camera doesn't do them much justice, so will try and get some better ones later and update. 

IMG_1175.jpg

• Like 1

@lwatson99

Thanks so much for your reply mate! Definitely settles a few nerves. I'm gonna have a long think tonight. I may even try them and if I don't get on with them I could always sell them on I suppose.

Only other question, do you know if having the TRC eyelids on will cause any issues?

5 hours ago, Loftie12 said:

Legality, damaging the headlights, heat, light output etc.

but im still dubious of fitting for the legal reason etc.
Also got my MOT end of this month and if the LEDs were in would that then be a fail?

The letter of the law is LED headlamps do not conform to UK regulations. However, where the entire headlamp unit has been built and tested with LED Bulbs, with auto-leveling lights or auto-leveling suspension and CE marking; they meet the EU regulations and are therefore allowed in the UK 

So until brexit, factory LEDs or aftermarket where you swap the whole headlamp are legal. Aftermarket bulbs are illegal. 

After brexit... Who knows. I wouldn't put it past our government to f it up and accidentally ban from factory LED headlights by not legislating it. 

Of course, this is going to be one of the lesser enforced areas of the law - your insurer, your local police, mot station might not care. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Loftie12 said:

Only other question, do you know if having the TRC eyelids on will cause any issues?

If you’re going to get them, get the main beams and dipped beams as one, save on postage etc. Then if you don’t get on, you can just send them back for a refund.

for the eyelids, I do not know. I can’t see why there’d be an issue but not tested so cannot comment. 

I finally got the premium LED indicators from Autobeam and fitted them today and they are actually blinding. I was blinded when I just opened my car and the indicators flashed so God knows what it's like for other drivers being behind me or looking in their rear view mirror. Could anyone point me in the direction for some sort of cover/sticker that goes over them to tone it down a little and make them less blinding

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AdamF89 said:

I finally got the premium LED indicators from Autobeam and fitted them today and they are actually blinding. I was blinded when I just opened my car and the indicators flashed so God knows what it's like for other drivers being behind me or looking in their rear view mirror. Could anyone point me in the direction for some sort of cover that goes over them to tone it down a little and make them less blinding

Have you tried standing a few metres away and see how it looks. Just wondering as I know these are blindingly bright when looked at when standing close. 

1 minute ago, zain611 said:

Have you tried standing a few metres away and see how it looks. Just wondering as I know these are blindingly bright when looked at when standing close. 

I was driving behind my Dad in the dark on my way home, he's got darkened rear windows and said they were very bright. They're probably fine from a distance but obviously when I'm stopped at a junction with them on, I don't want to blind someone sitting behind. I parked up outside my house before and double locked the car, the indicators flashed and lit up the street

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club