Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Replacing water pump on fiesta zetec 1.6 tdci (2009)

Can someone explain how you go about replacing a waterpump on a fiesta 1.6 tdci 09 ?? Thanks in advance

12 minutes ago, 15729 said:

Can someone explain how you go about replacing a waterpump on a fiesta 1.6 tdci 09 ?? Thanks in advance

Just the water pump or the timing belt as well?

I dont think either have been done to be honest so might be worth doing them both? What do you think mate? 

Yes to both. The timing belt drives the water pump so it makes sense to change it at the same time as the belt to save any extra time/labour. Its only £30 for the pump.  Ford interval for the timing belt is 125,000 or 10 years but it's known to be over optimistic.  Haynes suggests half that mileage i.e. get it changed at 62500.  If it snaps, serious engine damage will likely be the result so best to play safe. 

At a decent indy garage you'll be looking at £300 ish for belt + water pump.  

I am about to DIY my own cambelt (focus 1.6 tdci)  and I'll post the thread I'll be using as my main guide courtesy of @TomsFocus .  It's also an idea to have a Haynes handy.  

• Like 1