Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Engine warning light

jooulez

Hi all

I recently changed the battery on my Fusion, since then I've had several dashboard warning lights come on, including the battery, called the AA out & apparently I hadn't tightened the terminals properly, worked fine until tonight, when the engine warning light came on, 5 mins away from home, everything was fine, normal in fact, car didn't come to a halt, no strange noises, nothing!  I realise that this warning light could be a number of things, but I'm assuming it's something to do with swapping the battery over.  Is this something I can sort out myself or do I need to take it to my local car doctor??

A read of the codes would be helpful.  With luck the car will tell you why it's so upset.

• Like 1

yeah you can't be an amateur mechanic these days with a handful of spanners, you need to be an amateur technician with more computing power than Jim Lovell had onboard Apollo 13

• Haha 1

All sorted now (hopefully!) had a diagnostic thingy done (& only cost £12) light gone, car doc said if it comes on again it'll be most likely something to do with the cat converter ... Fingers crossed!!

i assume he read the code and then cleared the code to turn the light off.  If it does it again you should consider getting your own code reader. I have the modified one with the extra switch to access more stuff on ford cars.

https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/

I have one from this company. they have been recomended on ford owners club forum by many people. the software is free

https://tunnelrat-electronics.fwscart.com/page/help

They pay for themselves in next to no time.

Just as a random aside, do you know who the Tunnel Rats were?

well, soldiers in tunnels in vietnam, or does it originally go back further in history

Yep, an informal special ops company formed from, of all things, engineering corps personnel.  Not a job I'd have relished!