Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ford Valuation Appointment

dansallis

I have a valuation appointment for my old Ford Focus (1.6 LX - 2004) at Evans Halshaw and wondered what these appointments consist of?

Do they check exhaust, suspension, brakes? Do they drive the vehicle?

It probably consists of them telling you that because your car is over 10 years old it is only worth scrap value.

We've only part exed one car (should've been a scrapper, head gasket gone and not a chance it would pass MOT). Guy didn't even look at it and gave us £300 for it (ended up rejecting the new car anyway). Fun fact, I checked the MOT history a year later and they had sold it on after getting it to pass. Failed a year later with a list nearly as long as my arm.

• Thanks 1

Aye, a car that age will go straight to the block (auction) so anything they give you for it is likely dead money to them.

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys, EH quoted me £385 on their online form but I know that is absolute bs...

I will be happy to get £250-£300 out of them, do you reckon its worth the hassle to try and sell it private for a little bit more? (Need to consider that the fronts are bald and there are a few minor issues with the car in general).

• Like 1

Personally, not worth the hassle to sell privately if you're happy to get that amount and they are willing to take it off you. 

• Like 1

Nah, just chop it in.  Doubt you'd get much more private, and what little extra you'd get isn't worth the potential time, effort and general ballache.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club