Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Drivers Electric Window Not Working

pauljoanss

Window stuck in down position. Checked fuse and ok.

I will be working on the window this weekend, any ideas where to start would be welcome.

Slow start because of flu.

Dismantled door and window mechanism. Mechanism stuck in down mode, when operating the down window rocker switch results in a quiet click from the door control unit and momentary power  across the two thick wires on the window regulator female socket (disconnected from regulator).

Operating the up window rocker switch results in no click from the door control unit and no power to the socket. My only conclusion is that either the door control unit or rocker switch assembly are faulty so trying to identify replacement parts (used on EBay) to test.

Can anyone help to explain how this system works, firstly the switch assembly has 4 rockers/6 wing mirror adjusters/window lock switch, yet only 3 connects, I would love to test it but impossible if I have no idea how it works. Secondly the plug connecting to the window control unit has 2 heavy wires and I think about 4 thinner wires, what are they doing.

Very difficult to diagnose a fault if you have no idea how the system works. Any help welcome.

Solved, info in case it helps anyone else.

Replaced drivers door control unit with 2nd hand one of eBay (£25) and window raise now working.  Retried old unit and definitely faulty. Very surprising because fully sealed unit in dry cool environment so would have been the last electronic component I would have expected to fail before switches and motor.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club