Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The General Chat forum is ONLY for threads which DO NOT fit any other category. If your thread is anything do to with a specific model, it should go in the relevant model club section

May be leaving ford :( is this a good deal?

Sadly, I may be leaving ford and moving to audi as personally i think its a deal i cant refuse. Let me know opinions (not asking if you like the car or not, purely what you think about the pricing)

I have been offered a 2016 Audi TT Coupe S Line that has 10k miles on it for £500 deposit and paying £299pm (I already pay £250pm for my fiesta) for 3.5years ALSO they are settling my fiestas £9335 settlement fee. 

Opinions? 

I'd say go for it, I'm thinking of moving to a Seat at the moment seem to get more for your money with them

Probably not the best place to ask tbh. A lot of us can be a bit bias on here. :P

I'm not saying what I think about Audis (or most of their drivers for that matter), but £300 pm for 3.5 yrs on a 2 yr old car doesn't sound a great deal to me if it's PCP. If it was new or owned after 3.5 yrs then fair enough.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

Probably not the best place to ask tbh. A lot of us can be a bit bias on here. :P

I'm not saying what I think about Audis (or most of their drivers for that matter), but £300 pm for 3.5 yrs on a 2 yr old car doesn't sound a great deal to me if it's PCP. If it was new or owned after 3.5 yrs then fair enough.

I know, but wanted opinions. 

You think I could get cheaper? Its pretty kitted out, 19inch alloys, metallic paint, heated seats, S-Line package. Albeit 2 years old only 10k miles and 1 owner.

Im going to other garages at the weekend to try and get more quotes. Should I push for £270? ;) 

What engine is it, the S line is more about dress up.

To me, it just seemed a lot of money for a 2y/o car.

You're only paying £250pm on yours and it was brand new (i assume).

VAG cars seem to command a higher perceived value despite being no better built than the rest of them and the dealers seem to use that.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, alexp999 said:

What engine is it, the S line is more about dress up.

To me, it just seemed a lot of money for a 2y/o car.

You're only paying £250pm on yours and it was brand new (i assume).

VAG cars seem to command a higher perceived value despite being no better built than the rest of them and the dealers seem to use that.

2.0 TFSI 230bhp. My car was brand new yes

I don't think that is a bad price at all for a car of that age, mileage and specification.

Looking on autotrader, the cash price seems to be in the region of £23,000. Based on this, I have found external PCP quotes for 42 months for £343pcm.

Do you know how much this would have been if you bought it outright?

We don't know the balloon figure though, got to factor in the price of the car and balloon. Also they'll be adding some equity from the car as deposit, even if it's not shown.

2 y/o Focus STs are less than 20k.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, dansallis said:

I don't think that is a bad price at all for a car of that age, mileage and specification.

Looking on autotrader, the cash price seems to be in the region of £23,000. Based on this, I have found external PCP quotes for 42 months for £343pcm.

Do you know how much this would have been if you bought it outright?

Hi, this is what i thought upon looking at other similar spec'd TTs. Cash price was 26.6k but on sale for 21k? Bare in mind this monthly cost includes them settling my 9grand settlement fee on current car...

At the end of the day, most Audis are built better than pretty much every ford. I have however heard about more than a few of those 2.0L tfsi engines requiring a rebuild after they decide to run on oil instead of petrol... that was 4 years ago (ish). So I'd assume they've got it right 2 years later.

I'd love a new TT, they're not a hairdressers car like the old one or really considered a poor mans R8 anymore. It seems like they can actually fit 4 people in too.

Just now, Luke4efc said:

At the end of the day, most Audis are built better than pretty much every ford. I have however heard about more than a few of those 2.0L tfsi engines requiring a rebuild after they decide to run on oil instead of petrol... that was 4 years ago (ish). So I'd assume they've got it right 2 years later.

I'd love a new TT, they're not a hairdressers car like the old one or really considered a poor mans R8 anymore. It seems like they can actually fit 4 people in too.

I guess you missed the coverage of all the electrical issues they had then. 

There is so many round here going onto Audi,our next door got the new Audi 66 plate and its a rocket,think its the S A4 with all the stuff on it.

Something around 320 bhp i think and a nice car.

If you heart is set on it go for it.

The biggest conks on the road seem to be Audi A3 hatchback drivers - usually GTD, GTI, or GTE spec. Just my personal observation of driving around my area of the country and also being the passenger in other people's cars. I just don't get the appeal of Audi hatchbacks, at the end of the day it's just another hatchback.

For that kind of money, I'd much rather lease a nice Jaguar XF saloon, like this recent deal:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/jaguar-xf-20i-prestige-auto-lease-pch-16399month-initial-147593-524768-select-car-leasing-2872513

21 hours ago, alexp999 said:

I guess you missed the coverage of all the electrical issues they had then. 

Apparently so. Did the French take over on production for a while or something? XD

6 hours ago, Incontro said:

For that kind of money, I'd much rather lease a nice Jaguar XF saloon, like this recent deal:

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/jaguar-xf-20i-prestige-auto-lease-pch-16399month-initial-147593-524768-select-car-leasing-2872513

Ahh leases on HUKD. You'll find me having an argument on there with someone who seems to think that they HAVE to have a brand new car. Apparently spending £4500 on a focus diesel is a better deal than spending £9000 on a 2.5 year old version and having it for twice as long, selling it and still have an overall spend less than £4500.

Anyway that jag wasn't that good of a deal anyway, 5k miles a year is for the grandmother going to bingo on a saturday and the "big shop". 

Go for it pal. From what I suspect may be a superb super mini of a fiesta pushing possibly 140 bhp to a car far more sporty and more uncomfortable pushing 100 bhp more.
See for yourself the dark side and enjoy the extra it'll cost in insurance petrol service costs etc. After all you only live once.

On top of the monthly increase of £50/month you need to remember the cost of Insurance, petrol, servicing and other ‘once in while’ costs like tyres and HID bulbs.
It’s a nice sounding car by the way

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

On top of the monthly increase of £50/month you need to remember the cost of Insurance, petrol, servicing and other ‘once in while’ costs like tyres and HID bulbs.
It’s a nice sounding car by the way

Had a look at some at the weekend and got taken out in one, sound amazing for a stock exhaust and a 2litre engine. 

Yeah I've worked out most of the costs. Isnt cheap but as someone else said, you only live once. 

On 1/12/2018 at 10:52 PM, Luke4efc said:

I agree with the hairdressers part, the new shape is so much more edgy and has alot of straight lines, not like the old "bubble" ones. 230BHP, 0-62 in 6 seconds. Not bad. 

On 1/12/2018 at 8:20 AM, fraserrg said:

Sadly, I may be leaving ford and moving to audi as personally i think its a deal i cant refuse. Let me know opinions (not asking if you like the car or not, purely what you think about the pricing)

I have been offered a 2016 Audi TT Coupe S Line that has 10k miles on it for £500 deposit and paying £299pm (I already pay £250pm for my fiesta) for 3.5years ALSO they are settling my fiestas £9335 settlement fee. 

Opinions? 

So this one got sold pretty quick but there are plenty more. Ideally i want to wait until April time as I will have received my annual bonus from work and my payrise. Went out in one at the weekend and seriously love them. Lovely interior, sporty outside, fast and sound amazing! Next deal I find i will add to this thread to see what people think. 

Thanks for the opinions also

Had a look at some at the weekend and got taken out in one, sound amazing for a stock exhaust and a 2litre engine. 
Yeah I've worked out most of the costs. Isnt cheap but as someone else said, you only live once. 

When you say ‘got taken out’ do you mean they drove or you drove?

You’re absolutely right pal, you only live once. If you have the money and the car suits your lifestyle then I say go for it!

Pop the Reg into a couple of valuations sites, try whatcar and WBAC. If it’s priced low and you buy it but can’t live with it then hopefully you won’t lose much on it when you sell and get the RS [emoji6]

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jonro2009 said:

When you say ‘got taken out’ do you mean they drove or you drove?

You’re absolutely right pal, you only live once. If you have the money and the car suits your lifestyle then I say go for it!

Pop the Reg into a couple of valuations sites, try whatcar and WBAC. If it’s priced low and you buy it but can’t live with it then hopefully you won’t lose much on it when you sell and get the RS emoji6.png

Only 20 so cant get a test drive...got a friend that has one though will give me a shot on the back roads. 

Will keep you updated on the new car hunt. 

12 minutes ago, fraserrg said:

Only 20 so cant get a test drive...got a friend that has one though will give me a shot on the back roads. 

Will keep you updated on the new car hunt. 

Have you got an insurance quote for one yet?

1 minute ago, alexp999 said:

Have you got an insurance quote for one yet?

yeah got one on direct line £1300 without a box. Unfortunately have those stupid speeding points for going 4mph over the limit which doesnt help