Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Power steering help please, focus mk3

rooby_roo

hi all, my other half has a problem, her power steering has stopped working all together,  its a 2011 m3 focus diesel.  it did play up but always worked but now its dead.  ive plugged my scanner in and its saying module disconnected, could this mean its either unplugged or maybe a wire has gone through,. or am i dreaming, also is it possible just to buy the module itself or the whole rack. also has anyone any info on how to access the pump itself, ive looked everywhere on you tube and cant find a thing,   thanks in advance for any info.

module is part of the rack. there is no pump. more than likely its the module that has failed.

sorry i meant access the module,  to test if there is power going to and from

This is most likely to be the rack rack I’m afraid. We have a 2011 Titanium X which has the active self park feature and back in November ours stopped working all together. Had the car fault codes read and it didn’t communicate with the rack at all. I then sourced a replacement rack from a low mileage Focus that’s was being broken for spares and got my local garage to fit it for me ( circa 2 hours labour )  However because the replacement rack came from a car without the active self park feature it didn’t work with our car.

I then decided to sent off our original rack to be reconditioned but unfortunately it was beyond repair so I had to Shell out for a refurbished unit, ( which was still much cheaper than new rack from Ford ) and then had to pay for another 2 hours labour to have it fitted.

So double check that it isn’t just a basic communication error with the car and if you car doesn’t have the active self park feature I still have the rack in my garage if that’s of any help.

no mine dosnt have the park assist , app you have to code the new module to the car though,  if it is the rack on mine ill get the part number off you and maybe sort something out ? how much will you want for it 

I will post some pictures later on with the part number etc. Just looking to get my money back so £150 + P&P would be handy.

cheers, ive got a friend coming round tommorow to test it so ill let you know,