Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lokcing problem - possibly door ajar sensor

MindBlack

Hello,

My Focus mkII door open indicator is going off at all times (together with the interior light, when set to door open mode). This wouldn't be much of a problem, as the door is completely shut, except for the inability to see anything else on the display. However, the actual problem is that the car won't lock - when the lock button is pressed on the remote, all doors go into the locked position, but immediately spring right back.

Any suggestions?

The most likely cause is the failure of the door open switch. On the Mk2/2.5 these are integrated into the latch mechanism which means a huge hassle to replace/repair (I don't regard this as progress although it's probably done for cost reasons).

It's also possible it's a wiring fault. I presume it's your drivers door that's affected as this is the most used. The car is programmed to unlock unless it detects all doors closed.

• 1 year later...

Hi I have a 2005 1.6 mk2 focus my drivers door ajar switch is at fault the clip has snapped off is it possible to cut the clip off and join two wires together to complete the circuit and tell the car that it is shut all the time so there will be no more problem 

Years of old grease and gunk can seize them up.

Spray some cleaner in the latch and work it a few times and them some WD40 and see if it works

• 1 year later...
On 1/14/2018 at 12:14 PM, MindBlack said:

Hello,

My Focus mkII door open indicator is going off at all times (together with the interior light, when set to door open mode). This wouldn't be much of a problem, as the door is completely shut, except for the inability to see anything else on the display. However, the actual problem is that the car won't lock - when the lock button is pressed on the remote, all doors go into the locked position, but immediately spring right back.

Any suggestions?

Hi 

Did you ever sort this problem, I am having exactly the same problem on a Focus RS.

Cheers

Gary

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club