Do Not Sell My Personal Information

To diesel, or not to diesel.....that is the question!

pistolpete1

I reckon to achieve the official 0-60 time you'd struggle to get 20 MPG!

At least an engine of that size and speed won't highlight the backwards step in handling from the mk 4 so much! 😂

On 16/01/2018 at 9:05 PM, pistolpete1 said:

At least an engine of that size and speed won't highlight the backwards step in handling from the mk 4 so much! 😂

I had a MK5 2.0 TDCi on demo for a week and also it's a lovely, quiet, relaxing motorway cruiser it's now just another "big land barge" and has lost the "magic" of the MK4.  I guess it depends what you want from a large car in that class, I'd trade a bit of weight/refinement etc for a bit more of the MK4 handing magic.  Titanium X Sport with the 2.2 TDCi engine was like a cruise missile that could corner like I couldn't believe, even at high speed. :wub:  I'd be a happy man if I can 1 day drop on a MK4.5 TitX Sport TDCi.

• Thanks 1

My father in law had a mk5 whilst his car was being fixed. He thought it was great! His driving style is more a relaxed, chilled back style though. 😂😂

9 hours ago, pistolpete1 said:

My father in law had a mk5 whilst his car was being fixed. He thought it was great! His driving style is more a relaxed, chilled back style though. 😂😂

It is a fantastic cruiser, it's just a shame they softened it maybe a little too much and lost the magic.  That said, in the US Ford allow customers the option to spec adaptive suspension so you can stiffen it up a bit, shame UK (and I assume other EU countries) don't get that choice.  (Not that I'll be able to afford one any time soon in any case!)

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club