Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dash cam install

BBHB

Hi I have recently acquired a 56 plate galaxy and want to install my dash cams but have noticed that the sockets in the front and boot and both constant live, if I put my dash cams on these will they drain the battery when car not in use or do the turn off after car is locked??TIA

As far as I know they are programmed to stay live for 75 minutes after you turn off the ignition, they do on the Mondeo. I had mine plugged in to the front one for months with no problem, I’ve since reprogrammed the socket to turn off straight away via Forscan. I’ve actually gone on to hard wire the camera in using a piggy back fuse holder, very simple.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I assume you have an early new shape Galaxy, if so then I believe it's similar to the MK4 Mondeo where the front socket will stay live for approx. 15 mins and the boot is probably constant live. Test it by plugging something in  that you can easily see is on through the window and lock the car, then go back after 15 mins or so to see if it's still on. As soon as you unlock the car the socket will turn on again or if you've left the car unlocked, as soon as you open a door.

If you have a very very late old shape Galaxy, then iirc they stay constant live.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club