Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bulb fallen inside puddle light

markjw

Got a small problem, puddle light was out on one of the mirrors on my Focus Mk3.5 - took the mirror glass out and found the bulb has come out of the holder and is rattling around in the housing - can't find a way of getting it out. Have tried getting hold of it with a pair of tweezers and using blu-tack on the end of a screwdriver but can't get a firm grip on it.

It looks like the puddle light assembly comes out of the mirror (there is a screw at one end) but can't see how you release it - removed the screw and was not able to move it.

Any help welcome before I either end up trying superglue on a screwdriver or having to remove the entire mirror assembly,

• Like 1

Remove the mirror cover.
Inside the top of the mirror casing are 2 tabs hooked into semi-circular lugs.
Push a pair of small screwdrivers into the lugs and lever down carefully then the covers will hinge forward until the seating lugs at the bottom can unhook.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

managed to eventually hook it out with some double sided tap on the end of a small allen key

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, markjw said:

managed to eventually hook it out with some double sided tap on the end of a small allen key

Good effort.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club