Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Window Tinting

Luke4efc

So I want to have a go at tinting my windows as I refuse to pay somebody upwards of £100 when I know I have the skills to do it myself. I've tinted the back glass on my dads van (pretty much flat glass) and had a go at doing the side windows on my car which were pretty easy.
However, the back glass on the Fiesta seems extremely curvy and difficult to shrink the tint onto it. People will say take it to a professional and they all say it's really difficult to do, but I think they just say that to protect their trade if you get me.

Has anyone on here tried to tint the mk7? If so what tint did you use and what heat settings etc.? I seem to either shrink the film to quickly and it scrunches up and creases on itself or I don't apply enough heat and as soon as I squeegee over it just creases.

You're answering your own questions. You say you have the skill, yet you keep ruining the film etc. This is what you pay professionals for, their Time, knowledge and experience as well as materials etc

• Like 4

I haven't got the skills, can't even put a screen protector on my phone without bubbles.lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, GingerFlame said:

You're answering your own questions. You say you have the skill, yet you keep ruining the film etc. This is what you pay professionals for, their Time, knowledge and experience as well as materials etc

Aye, but I'd like to gain some experience on doing it myself, you have to start somewhere I guess. I'm not serious enough that I want a career in tinting, but I'd like to get sort of decent at it.

1 hour ago, Luke4efc said:

Aye, but I'd like to gain some experience on doing it myself, you have to start somewhere I guess. I'm not serious enough that I want a career in tinting, but I'd like to get sort of decent at it.

It comes down to experience. I used to do vinyl wrapping. On my previous car I wrapped the mirror covers in carbon fibre. On a really hot summer day the wrap started to shrink and you could see the edges. When you wrap something you'll need to heat it up when wrapping curves so it goes around flat. Problem when heating something up is when heat is reapplied it shrinks back to its original size. That's kind of why you should reapply heat as the finishing touches to make sure it doesn't shrink. Not really done tinting so not sure if this applies. 

Screenshot_20180118-201444.png