Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Help: tyre pressure 4 trip

Velse

Hello all!

We will be doing a trip in a couple of weeks/3, from Copenhagen to Lillehammer (Norway), we will drive around 1700km (1056 miles more or less), half to go, half to come back.

I have been thinking what could factor our trip, and of course tyre pressure comes in mind right away.

I could stick to the book and give the pressure it says but I would like to ask, from your possible experience and given the next conditions:

Air temperatures will always be somewhere between -10 and 2 Celsius degrees.

We will be facing string winds here and there.. maybe not, it´s the north :)

Two adults and a half (luggage being that half haha).

The car is a Fiesta mk7 2010 1.25, it has winter tyres on. We will most likely not ride over snow, norges are quite rich!

Should be stick to the recommended tyre pressure for 2 passengers? A bit more?

Thank  you!

Overinflating won't help you in snow. Just stick to the recommended pressure for the load.

On winter tyres with studs i would use little higher or even full load pressures. Specially if you start on higher temp enviroment. If it feels like rear is sliding and traction control has to work alot, then you can always stop at gas station and lower the pressures(once tyres have cooled down)

I think I will test a bit the handling with full pressure before we go, then let´s see what suits best... as of now, I can see that tyres are quite low... I guess because of the cold as temperatures dropped a lot lately. So anyway they need to be checked, might do it tomorrow morning.

Thanks for the help :)