Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Keyless entry retrofit?

Metalzone

You're talking more than Forscan here I would've thought. Would certainly cost more than what it's worth. Several PATS (immobilizer) sensors required which would mean new interior wiring loom. 2 transponder keys amd keyless start module (that tells the immobilizer to turn off). All that kit is very expensive and expensive to program.

Get a car with it fitted from factory if you're desperate. Personally I'd avoid keyless start with all of the stolen cars recently that have had a reciever pointed towards the key inside the owners house to "replicate?" the code to unlock the doors.

It's very easy to add a push start button though. Just drill the hole into the dash, and splice it into the ignition wire. You still have to turn the key to ignition, but you don't have to turn it all the way to start it. This is a good video on installing one.

He's already got keyless start. He wants to know about keyless entry.

you'd have to be certifiably mad to actually want to fit keyless entry to a car that doesnt have it

more security risk , more to go wrong , less practical and reliable  than a physical key

bonkers idea really :-D

• Like 4

you'd have to be certifiably mad to actually want to fit keyless entry to a car that doesnt have it
more security risk , more to go wrong , less practical and reliable  than a physical key
bonkers idea really :-D

+1

Compared to the normal remote central locking system the keyless entry system is no larger security risk. On both systems the doors can easily be unlocked by intercepting and transmitting the keyfob signal.

Compared to the conventional ignition key system the keyless start system is a major security risk. On a keyless start vehicle the car can be started by simply intercepting/transmitting the keyfob signal and pressing the start button.

The only reason why I still have my car is because it has a conventional ignition key system with folding keys. Last Year my car was parked inside a large parking garage. When I arrived at my car the doors were unlocked and the storage compartment in front of the OBD port was removed. Because the car was unlocked by intercepting/transmitting the keyfob signal the alarm was also switched off. After the thieves discovered the conventional ignition barrel they moved on to the next Ford. Several Fords were stolen that day and they all had keyless start.

Thanks for all the advices.

It was just a thought , I had it on my Fiesta and, it was very practical.

Anyway, from your description, that's got to be a very expensive and potentially unsafe idea.

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club