Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Focus boot badging

Knight Focus

Being a long term Focus fan, I bought my 2004 one a couple of weeks ago and I'm thrilled with it. I was thinking of de-badging and already have taken the LX ones from the front wings. the "Focus" and "1.8" badges on the boot are black, which I've never seen before. At first I thought the chrome had rubbed off but on closer inspection found that wasn't the case.

Are these black badges rare? If they are then I'll leave them on.

What do you guys think?

Mike

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ford focus edge

• artscot79

• Knight Focus

• Jonny87

They are incredibly rare, only one hundred sets were every made. They add a further £500 to the value of your car so don't touch them.

They are incredibly rare, only one hundred sets were every made. They add a further £500 to the value of your car so don't touch them.

£500?? I find that very hard to believe. I can just imagine when I come to sell it:"Oh and there's a £500 extra cost 'cos it's got black badges!" :lol:

Though, they do look nice against the Ink Blue paintwork.

Mike

Any more opinions on this? Anything would be helpful, I'm torn on what to do.

Mike

Any more opinions on this? Anything would be helpful, I'm torn on what to do.

Mike

ou can buy them on eBay are you sure they havent just been painted

ou can buy them on ebay are you sure they havent just been painted

There just black plastic. It was company owned before and no other modifications on it at all.

Mike

There just black plastic. It was company owned before and no other modifications on it at all.

Mike

i seena few on eBay plain black badges ive seen one or two on black and dark grey cars i trawled the net and found nothing on limited edition badges or adding value to the car you could always call ford and ask knowing ford they probably ran out of chromed ones so whacked them on

I have a feeling that this might be BS

well if they were rare they would be getting nicked by anyone in the know and ne on eBay at silly prices and not 4.99inc postage

I had an inkling that he was taking the proverbial!!

Mike

I had an inkling that he was taking the proverbial!!

Mike

The MKII badges look mint on the mk1 in my mind although ive taken all of mine off and bought a ford "wolf tuning pack" badge with focus sport wrote on the bottom. Stands out alot aswel lol but black badges on a dark blue car are they even visable from more than 3ft back

Mike

post-9491-1265277338_thumb.jpg

I decided to de-badge, couldn't really see them against the Ink blue paintwork anyway, and I'm happy with the results! I'll post pictures when the weather is a bit nicer.

I was thinking of putting Mk 2 badges on, put what would you recommend for the right hand side?

Mike

I decided to de-badge, couldn't really see them against the Ink blue paintwork anyway, and I'm happy with the results! I'll post pictures when the weather is a bit nicer.

I was thinking of putting Mk 2 badges on, put what would you recommend for the right hand side?

Mike

All depends on what else you have done or plan to do to the car

Mike

All depends on what else you have done or plan to do to the car

Mike

Keeping it simple really. At the moment it's badgeless with blue side repeater lenses.

I've looked on fleabay and found the wolf badge that you have, which I rather like, and the Mk2 Focus badge. Or I may keep it plain.

I don't know yet.

Mike

Keeping it simple really. At the moment it's badgeless with blue side repeater lenses.

I've looked on fleabay and found the wolf badge that you have, which I rather like, and the Mk2 Focus badge. Or I may keep it plain.

I don't know yet.

Mike

Lol i left mine de-badged for a while just got to the point where i thought it looked a bit basic im after a new style focus badge (£5), a tiny wolf one for the front grill (£7 for 2) just dont go nutty with the badges otherwise itl look like youve gone mad in Halfords. Check out the various ones ford do for the special edtions but for the love of flying god NEVER stick st badges on or them cheap 16v ones they look absoutly sh*t!

Mike

for the love of flying god NEVER stick st badges on or them cheap 16v ones they look absoutly sh*t!

Mike

Couldn't agree more!!

I'm 37, so I'm a bit past that boy racer chav stuff, I just want my pride and joy to look good!!

Mike

Couldn't agree more!!

I'm 37, so I'm a bit past that boy racer chav stuff, I just want my pride and joy to look good!!

Mike

eBay has wolf racing ones and then theres the ford racing badges etc depends what you want but the wolf ones do look good

ebay has wolf racing ones and then theres the ford racing badges etc depends what you want but the wolf ones do look good

The ford racing ones look tacky on most colours hence why i got the wolf + bar my focus ive never seen them on another so wanted to be a bit different

Mike

The ford racing ones look tacky on most colours hence why i got the wolf + bar my focus ive never seen them on another so wanted to be a bit different

Mike

yeah i had a look and didnt find very much except the wolf ones which i liked a few american ones that were nice but too over the top i may get a wolf one just aint sure mines metallic pepper red so the chrome ones are off now black doesnt look right and the gel ones i dont like the colours of the wolf one suit the car not sure ive just been doing little touches ide like a nice badge for the grill but i dont want these stupidly priced red s that everyones got on i found these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Racing-Domed-Badge-Decals-Stickers-Fiesta-Focus-ST_W0QQitemZ320304201991QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4a939e4107 not sure on them

i really like the black red and yellow wolf badge so i think thats the one for me

yeah i had a look and didnt find very much except the wolf ones which i liked a few american ones that were nice but too over the top i may get a wolf one just aint sure mines metallic pepper red so the chrome ones are off now black doesnt look right and the gel ones i dont like the colours of the wolf one suit the car not sure ive just been doing little touches ide like a nice badge for the grill but i dont want these stupidly priced red s that everyones got on i found these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Racing-Domed-Badge-Decals-Stickers-Fiesta-Focus-ST_W0QQitemZ320304201991QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item4a939e4107 not sure on them

i really like the black red and yellow wolf badge so i think thats the one for me

They were the ones i was looking at until the wolf one came on and i though hmm yeah why not lol but be warned if you get the wolf one il have to come round in the night and melt it!!!!! :P

Mike

They were the ones i was looking at until the wolf one came on and i though hmm yeah why not lol but be warned if you get the wolf one il have to come round in the night and melt it!!!!! tongue.gif

Mike

ah youre in chester so far enough away lol the wolf ones all i see that suits the car and looks good and its not summat you see untilk i saw youres i hadnt heard of it before so that will be getting ordered next week pity they dont do a grill badge as it would look nice

ah youre in chester so far enough away lol the wolf ones all i see that suits the car and looks good and its not summat you see untilk i saw youres i hadnt heard of it before so that will be getting ordered next week pity they dont do a grill badge as it would look nice

Exactly what im after i found these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390118372202&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT but im a bit arsed about the size because 15cm i think runs the risk of looking massive and taking over the grill going to do some measuring me thinkies when the suns out. Tempted to put a v6 badge on the side when i get a cat-back on it :P

Mike

Exactly what im after i found these http://cgi.ebay.co.u...e=STRK:MEWAX:IT but im a bit arsed about the size because 15cm i think runs the risk of looking massive and taking over the grill going to do some measuring me thinkies when the suns out. Tempted to put a v6 badge on the side when i get a cat-back on it tongue.gif

Mike

heres smaller ones that will work for the grill if its tucked away to the side http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Car-Chrome-Badge-Emblem-Sticker-Wolf-Focus-3D-Small_W0QQitemZ390123457775QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Motorcycle_Parts?hash=item5ad52b8cef

Artscot79 i swear down if i was a japenise prossie id "love you long time" ive been looking for something like that for ages really apprecaite it!

Mike

Artscot79 i swear down if i was a japenise prossie id "love you long time" ive been looking for something like that for ages really apprecaite it!

Mike

i just followed youre link then went into the sellers shop then did a search they were there all along. yeah jap prossie love me long time then nick my wallet and do a runner lol