Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Spare Wheel Option

steven mcbride

Just wondering how many people went for the spare wheel option on there new fiesta, i got mine free...dont really want it though so have taken it out and got a can of tire foam because surely all that extra weight cant be good for mpg, ive only been gettin around 32mpg combined...

I also went for the spare wheel option and it was free.

The weight of the spacesaver spare isn't going to affect your MPG by much. Maybe 0.01 mpg or something

Most people dont like that tyre foam stuff cos some of them ruin the tyre so you cant get it repaired

Also the tyre foam aint gonna do much good if you buckle an alloy, or have a blowout, or sidewall damage. Or anything more than a tiny slow puncture.

Keeping a spare in the boot is a no brainer. - It could mean the difference between a change at the roadside or getting towed to the nearest garage that will charge what ever they like because they know you have no choice

Not really sure what your asking for in your post. But if it's advice, I would say go and put your spare back into the boot right now! lol

I have the spare wheel, which I'm going to remove as soon as i get me one of the non spare wheel polystyrene boot tidies. If i buckle a wheel i expect there to be more damage than just a flat tyre, so i'll be going home on an AA flatbed regardless of whether i have the spare or not lol

I have the spare wheel, which I'm going to remove as soon as i get me one of the non spare wheel polystyrene boot tidies. If i buckle a wheel i expect there to be more damage than just a flat tyre, so i'll be going home on an AA flatbed regardless of whether i have the spare or not lol

:lol: lol! why did you bother ordering the spare then? Might as well have not bothered... :blink:

whats the non-spare wheel polystyrene boot tidy like? any pictures? since taking it out mpg has gone up and acceleration seems slightly improved (probably just in my head)

whats the non-spare wheel polystyrene boot tidy like? any pictures? since taking it out mpg has gone up and acceleration seems slightly improved (probably just in my head)

hi i have the spare i had to pay for and get average 43 mpg 1.4 titanium :D

took my spare out and im averaging 42-44 mpg now :o combined really smooth driving tbh

took my spare out and im averaging 42-44 mpg now :o combined really smooth driving tbh

I have hit 48mpg in my 1.6 petrol, and thats with the spare in the boot... Have you put yours back in yet Steven?

48? i dont know why im gettin such poor mpg :S will probably be going back in tomorrow as i think ive got slight OCD and everything thats ment to be in places needs to be in place otherwise it irritates me.

I used to get 4.6 mpg average from my 1.6, until I removed my space saver and now I get 300+ mpg. ;)

To be honest mate I don't really think it will make a jot of difference really, You're better off having a real

spare in the boot than lose a few quid a year in fuel costs.

Also, I only really get 34-35mpg out of mine. It's mainly the way that you drive, the type of driving that you do and the amount of traffic that you're in which affect it. (When you're not moving I'm fairly sure that the car takes that as 0mpg and it seriously brings down your average mpg reading)

48? i dont know why im gettin such poor mpg :S will probably be going back in tomorrow as i think ive got slight OCD and everything thats ment to be in places needs to be in place otherwise it irritates me.

If the outcome is that you will have a spare wheel in case of emergency, then this is quite positive

I used to get 4.6 mpg average from my 1.6, until I removed my space saver and now I get 300+ mpg.

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!

I have never had a flat tyre in my three years of owning Fiestas. My MK5 hit that many potholes, and my MK7 isn't much luckier. But even still, I'll be keeping the spare in the boot.

You said it. the spare wheel will not make a jot of difference on anything.

You've said you're getting 40+ mpg, how the hell is that poor in a 1.6 sportyish petrol?

Must stess that the time I got 48 MPG It took a hell of a lot of effort and was the most boring drive ever...

Now the MPG usually sits around 42-43 in town and 45 on the Motorway

Must stess that the time I got 48 MPG It took a hell of a lot of effort and was the most boring drive ever...

Now the MPG usually sits around 42-43 in town and 45 on the Motorway

I would be happy as Larry if I got that many mpg. It really hits home now it's getting very close to £50 for a full tank of petty.

Ps, Jonny, do you ever sleep?

Ps, Jonny, do you ever sleep?

lol

Running a bit low on cash atm so using the internet as an alternative to spending my remaining cash on many beers every night. Also not sure when I will be raking in my next bulk supply of cash, earliest would be mid Feb but could be as long as the end of March :blink: Plus I'm moving (again) in a week so thats gonna eat cash (North Norfolk this time - not Wales). Spendings going to have to be limited to petrol and baccy for the next month, maybe expanding out to beers after that, then back to semi-normal after about 3 months. So in the mean time I'm just browsing the forums and the web and whatnot and such like to avoid going out of my mind with boredom. Looks like I could be in Norfolk for 10-11 months, and if the locals are anything to go by I doubt I'll be leaving very often :huh:

Plus I'm moving (again)

Will you have the internet at this new house? As for the cutting down on beer, Tesco value lager, four 440ml cans for 98p or something ludicrous. However that does taste like it was strained through the devils jockstrap and has no alcoholic content whatsoever. :D

Will you have the internet at this new house?
Probably yes, not sure how much spare time I'll have though
As for the cutting down on beer, Tesco value lager, four 440ml cans for 98p or something ludicrous. However that does taste like it was strained through the devils jockstrap
I can deal with that ;)
and has no alcoholic content whatsoever. :D
That's the problem with it...

Latest Deals

Ford UK Shop for genuine Ford parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via the club